Current Movies - Thumbs UP or Thumbs DOWN

My son said that the new Star Wars movie was feh!. I saw a few early ones and hated them. The new Star Wars movie,I enjoyed very much. My son says it was "all over the place," I wouldn't know.
Blame it on Disney!

I am happy that you liked it

Ad Astra

Set in the not too distant future, the astronaut son (Brad Pitt) of a famous astronaut (Tommy Lee Jones) sets out to find his long-lost father at the far reaches of the universe in a space station whose mission was to find other life out there. It quickly becomes apparent that the son was recruited under dubious pretenses (familiar govt theme) and that the long trip allows the son to unpack and reexamine some life-long emotional baggage. Add to all this space pirates, maydays from other ships, mutinous crews and several questions that get raised by the viewers along the way (i.e., Does stuff decompose in space? Why large monkeys? How did they build all this stuff?)

Movie reviews said the film was slow and dull. No, it's just not geared to be an action-y action hero film. The pace was just about right for the emotional story to unfold. It was an interesting movie. Cannot enjoy Brad's hunkiness through a space suit, but he conveyed the depth of his sullen character well. Tommy Lee Jones and Donald Sutherland have never looked older. Liv Tyler must've had laryngitis as she never spoke a word.

Are we alone in the universe? The question is there to ponder, but I won't reveal the movie's answer as that answer begs more questions to explore.

Back
Top Bottom