Current run set-up *PIC HEAVY*

Quote:
Interesting, but wouldn't the chickens eat those?
hmm.png

Quote:
Whats a rescue fly trap? I tried searching for it on here but got nothing.

Rescue is a brand, they make good stuff. I'm on the fence about their wasp/yellowjacket trap, but I'm sold on the fly traps - despite the smell.

You can get a disposable fly trap made by them on the pesticide aisle at Lowes or in the garden center at Wal-Mart. I think the Rescue brand ones work better than the ones I got at TSC, but maybe it's just made for household flies instead of barnyard flies? I dunno, all the traps stink
sickbyc.gif
so hang them far away from your house. It's just a smelly attractant, no pesticides.

Black Flag makes the Fly Motel, which is sold on the chemical/laundry detergent aisle at Wal-Mart (year round, the Rescue one is seasonal only carried in the spring/summer) and it's "reusable" but I'm not really all that excited about messing with that sinky stuff long enough to dump it & refill it. I usually just take them out to the dumpster on the morning of trash day.

Thank you! I will be looking for those. How bads the smell?? The lot we have is 90ft x 50ft, so the backyards small.

Exactly like rotting meat, it's to attract flies like a carcass for eggs would (never marry a science teacher, trust me).

Back
Top Bottom