Curtains in a coop?

fullhouse

Songster
11 Years
Apr 14, 2008
MI
So dh and I found two BEAUTIFUL brand new, big windows at the Habitat Re-Store for the coop. Both are 30something by 50 something Jenweld double pane. I want to put one on each side for great light for the chickies, one north, one south. The south worries me. It will be shaded in summer, but I don't want it turning into a greenhouse. Are curtains OK or should I put real shutters up? Or maybe not worry about it?

I hang a towel over the west window in my coop in the summer time it cuts down on the sun & heat coming in. So I think a shade or curtain would work fine. Or maybe tint the windows with that silver tint. We tinted our front window of the house last year and boy it it make a difference in the heat coming in from the sun.

I made curtains for the window in my coop just because I wanted to, not because of too much light. They are made from some chicken print fabric and everybody thinks it's cute. You might look into roll up matchstick blinds at Walmart, cheap and let air pass through.

Back
Top Bottom