1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Customized Coops in WV MD VA VA

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Msbear, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    MrBear and I have been selling lots of coops trying to get everyone warm and cozy before the big chill. We are open beginning the 2nd week of Nov. to start constructing more coops and I thought I'd advertise here before hitting up craigslist again.

Just contact me on this thread and receive 15% off of your coop!!

The cart coop has been a big hit and are now all around WV, MD and No VA. Unfortunately, we are out of our barnwood and will have to purchase it for your coop... Otherwise, we will be constructing them of T1-11 and can either paint them or finish with outdoor poly by Olympic. If you would like to pick out your paint color, just head to Lowe's or Home Depot and email me the paint code. All coops come with white painted trim.

http://designercoops.blogspot.com/

2. CTChick

CTChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2009
    Shelton
    I just wish you lived/worked in Connecticut! Your coops are amazing and the price beats anything we have around here! I just scored one off Craig's list that is being delivered Sunday ... but wow, you are doing a great and creative job! I built my first coop, too tired to build more (but not too tired to buy more chickens, hahaha). I figure this whole "backyard chicken" thing has GOT to be stimulating the economy - sales of feed, hay, lumber - are you all with me???

Can you tell I have had a lot of explaining to do to my bewildered husband? Especially when the box arrived from PA with two chickens via overnight US mail (to be fair to me, they are SPECTACULAR birds!). Spectacular birds should have their own coop ... that's all I'm saying. I mean, sure, I planned to just have four hens to provide the family with fresh eggs. But then, a couple little local guys needed a new home. And then Fabio and Zsa Zsa arrived from PA. And bantams ... why didn't anyone tell me how adorable bantams are? Silkies, d'uccles ...

You know what? My chickens are healthy and happy. And so am I!

No more explaining. Hey ... do you ship these coops????

Laura

3. lovemychix

lovemychix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    Those are beautiful. [​IMG]

4. CHIC

CHIC Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2009
    Roanoke
    What awesome coops for great prices! I bet that business keeps you busy!

5. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    Thank you so much... We try to keep the prices as low as possible. It makes me furious to see cheap coops advertised for $1500!!! Our prices were a lot lower but we firgured out quick that we weren't making any money [​IMG] The cart along for the cart coop is $100! The galvanized roofing for that model is $65... It all adds up.

I started with just a few bantams... and, of course, I had to get showy little things. Then, just like a Lays potato chip, I couldn't settle on one breed or variety so now I have 4 coops. BUT, they are all just as adorable as can be [​IMG] That helps.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by