Cute Hinny ducklings are here!

bemba

Songster
9 Years
Feb 5, 2010
Mary Valley QLD.
I have finally got some ducklings from my Ancona drake over a rippled pied Muscovy duck! Much harder to breed than I expected! Anyway I have 4 Hinnies and am very happy with that! And one of them is very unique (I think you'll see why) I set 20 eggs and out of those 20 only 9 were fertile and out of those 9, 4 Hinnies hatched day 33, the other 5 are just externally pipped now so they must be pure scovies. Anyway here are some pics :D

Here are mum and dad above, and a few shots of the babies below....

I have finally got some ducklings from my Ancona drake over a rippled pied Muscovy duck! Much harder to breed than I expected! Anyway I have 4 Hinnies and am very happy with that! And one of them is very unique (I think you'll see why) I set 20 eggs and out of those 20 only 9 were fertile and out of those 9, 4 Hinnies hatched day 33, the other 5 are just externally pipped now so they must be pure scovies. Anyway here are some pics :D

Here are mum and dad above, and a few shots of the babies below....

They are gorgeous, I love the one with the heart on it's head too. I am guessing hen hatched them? Just so sweet. Congrats!!!

I know! What are the chances of getting a heart shape? The chicken sat in the same nest as the Muscovy so I let her have these 4.... the other 5 eggs are not hatched yet so I had to take these guys out.

Back
Top Bottom