Cute lazy duckling

Stipenvlerk

Crowing
May 22, 2020
The Netherlands
Hi everyone, I hope to just put a smile on your face by how lazy this duckling is. I found his sleeping position soooo funny!

It's a recue duckling. The people who found it waited an hour to see if mom would go back. By that time the little duckling was exhausted and couldn't walk anymore. So the people called animal control. Animal control said they had no time/people to come and get it. Since the people who found the duck were not familiar with ducks ( and they know I have ducks) they brought it to me. At arrival the little duckling was only a few days old. There was no duckling of a similar age at my house at that moment so we humans had to put in the extra work.

Normally I would never take in a wild duckling because it's not the right thing to do. However this time I had to choose the best in a less than optimal situation.
He would have definitely have died when I hadn't take him in.
He is an adolescent now and lives in the wild again. Even found company in a group of approx. 30 mallards. End good - all good... Sometimes he sits in the garden for a while before taking off again. Came even back a few days ago to show off his girlfriend 😀.

Hi everyone, I hope to just put a smile on your face by how lazy this duckling is. I found his sleeping position soooo funny!

It's a recue duckling. The people who found it waited an hour to see if mom would go back. By that time the little duckling was exhausted and couldn't walk anymore. So the people called animal control. Animal control said they had no time/people to come and get it. Since the people who found the duck were not familiar with ducks ( and they know I have ducks) they brought it to me. At arrival the little duckling was only a few days old. There was no duckling of a similar age at my house at that moment so we humans had to put in the extra work.

Normally I would never take in a wild duckling because it's not the right thing to do. However this time I had to choose the best in a less than optimal situation.
He would have definitely have died when I hadn't take him in.
He is an adolescent now and lives in the wild again. Even found company in a group of approx. 30 mallards. End good - all good... Sometimes he sits in the garden for a while before taking off again. Came even back a few days ago to show off his girlfriend 😀.

Not only is it showing how relaxed the duckling is but how much trust it has in you. So precious you helped it live and be a part of the wild.

Heres my 4 Indian Runners they are the sweetest things ♥️
IMG_2381.jpeg IMG_2374.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom