cute picture of the cat and chicks

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Morgaine, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Morgaine

Morgaine Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Texas
    We had a cold snap come through last night so I put two heat lamps on the chicks. Anyway, When I came down I found the cat sleeping under one of the heat lamps. All the chicks were still there and fine so I went and got my camera and took some pictures. Here was a cute one, I tried to get one of when the one of the chicks tried to roost on his back, too cute!

[​IMG]

But just to be on the safe side, I'm going to have to make a lid. He's a great cat, very mamaish, but I don't want to tempt fate too much, kwim.

2. suenrob

suenrob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Ft. Myers, FL
    Awwwww! So sweet!!!!!!

3. ehurt

ehurt Out Of The Brooder

Mar 27, 2008
    Norman, OK
    Sorry if this has been posted here already, but I like it (especially yellow parakeet). Don't remember where I saw it the first time.

4. Nuggetsowner:)

Nuggetsowner:) Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2007
    Minnesota
    Too cute. Great pic!

5. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    Wow! That is amazing! And so cute!! [​IMG]

6. silkieluvr

silkieluvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2007
    Marin, California
    Aww, that is too sweet!

7. Morgaine

Morgaine Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Texas
    Here's another one.

[​IMG]

8. countryboy

countryboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2007
    thats cool morgaine.the lid sounds like a good investment, i would let the cat and chicks socialize when your around it will benefit you later. cats don't need the distraction of chickens going nuts when they come around to hunt mice and snakes.

9. 12 Acres

12 Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2008
    Oak Harbor, OH
    That is cute! You can never tell with cats. I don't trust my boy, Tyson, so he has to stay outside until the chicks are in their coop. He's not too happy about the arrangement but he'll survive not being able to nap on the couch all day.

10. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    you really can never be to careful with cats and birds. I had a bird that used to ride on the cats back. One day tigger snapped and the parakeet was lunch.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by