cutest chicken names!

Flopsy and Mopsy :love

I am a brand new chicken mama, hope it's not bad luck to name the chicks before they get all of their feathers in! Some of my names are chosen because of the colors that the chicks SHOULD turn out to be
smile.png
. Also saw this posted earlier, but I love love love the name Maybelline!!! Here are my girls names:

Lady Mary. (Black Australorp)
Mrs. Patmore. (Buff orp)
Violet

Alice
Flo
And Vera (from Mel's Diner, showing my age here!)

Sister
Watusi
Sylvia
My black Australorp girl is names Inky.

We have two RIR- Ruby and Rosie (really original). Ruby is my little girlfriend. She follows me everywhere. They are about 9 months old now. I got them from the same lady at the poultry swap, so I think they are sisters. However they look just different enough that I can easily tell them apart. Ruby is a little darker red.

A silver laced Wyandotte- Georgia- I usually call her G. My grandparents were farmers and did not have chickens. However over the years they got a few roosters dumped on them. Never more than one at a time. They were all named George by my grandfather. So Georgia is an homage to him.

Then we have the EE named Chupacabra. She's kind of a laced partridge color with the ear tufts and beard in black, Lays beautiful blue eggs. However as a baby she was not the most attractive girl. My husband says "that thing looks like a chupacabra chicken!" She's been Chupacabra ever since- usually Chupie, she's called. She's my head hen and a pretty girl now that she's almost a year old.

We had a buff orpington that the dogs killed when she was about 10 weeks old. She was named Ginger.

Hubs wants to get a new Ginger as she was his favorite. I think we will get a few new pullets in the spring.

What about names that fit the country the breed came from?
Katjusha, Katinka for a russian orloff hen and Dostojewski for the rooster?
Or Gina, Rosalia and Pepino for a Buttercup?
Have a Hansel and Gretel for a Bielefelder or a Antje and a Jan, when they are Barnevelder....

I have 5 hens:

Omelet(Buff Orp.)
Quiche (Easter Egger)
Souffle (Black Australorp)
Hennifer Lopez (Buff Orp)
Poultrygeist or as I call her the White Winged Demon but technically a Leghorn ( I think)

What about names that fit the country the breed came from?
Katjusha, Katinka for a russian orloff hen and Dostojewski for the rooster?
Or Gina, Rosalia and Pepino for a Buttercup?
Have a Hansel and Gretel for a Bielefelder or a Antje and a Jan, when they are Barnevelder....

I tend to give the names from the country the breed came from.

alba, chiara - white leghorns
esmeralda, areli, martina, julio - araucanas
brindusha, aniela, alina, laura - transylvanian neck
silvia, carmen, carla, jose antonio - muscovie ducks

I am looking for the names for a muscovie duck and drake.

I am trying to figure out what to call my new trio of Bantam Silver Penciled Wyandottes. The roo is such a gentleman. The hen is very shy and trembles when I hold her. The pullet is bolder and calmer about being held.

I got a fourth chicken with them a young Saphire pullet who because of her Leghorn half is flighty. So I named her Tizzy because she is always in one.

Brewster -Rooster ;-)
Henrietta-ISA Brown
Margerette- Ameracuana

I have 2 new Buff Orpington that I'm still debating. I also have 2 Ameracuana pullets I need help naming. One is white with a blue (lavender, grey) head and buff chest, the other is red and blue with a black head (she looks just like a hawk! ) these 2 are my babies. They are the sweetest hens I've ever owned. I will post pics if I get a chance.

Brewster -Rooster ;-)
Henrietta-ISA Brown
Margerette- Ameracuana

I have 2 new Buff Orpington that I'm still debating. I also have 2 Ameracuana pullets I need help naming. One is white with a blue (lavender, grey) head and buff chest, the other is red and blue with a black head (she looks just like a hawk! ) these 2 are my babies. They are the sweetest hens I've ever owned. I will post pics if I get a chance.

what about sweety and honey for ameraucanas?

Back
Top Bottom