Cutest Cock Ever!!

Ok I have now been permitted to raise chicks!!!!! I’m excited but I’m also sad because that means we are going to ‘off’ some of our older girls who aren’t laying very often. I feel bad about that.:hit

But on another note.. tonight i am going to pick out which eggs Rosa is going to sit on. It all depends on who lays today. Sadly, none of them will be Rosa’s biologically. She stopped laying for now. I am pretty sure none of them will be Cinder’s either.
Also, putting it out there now, if some end up being roosters, is anyone up for taking them? We already have three and the only reason I’m allowed to keep my two boys is because they are showable.

Ok so yesterday’s eggs were a bust; someone (Coconut) had kicked Rosa out of her nest and so she sat on a different nest. So I took away yesterday’s eggs and I have her some fresh ones today. It might be for the better as we might end up with twin chicks!! Maple laid a massive egg that look like it might be a double yolker! Whooohooo! Along with that egg is one egg from Miss Coconut and one egg from Miss Cumulo.

Update: Rosa and Cinder are fully grown up now. They became estranged, but Cinder still looked out for her a lot. Until recently. He has become sick and I do not think he will make it through the night. I am now reminiscing and going through some old posts.

I don’t think anyone follows this anymore, but Cinder did die a few days after that post. Rosa herself just passed away a couple weeks ago.

So sorry to hear of Cinder's and Rosa's passing. Their's was a wonderful story.

We too often think things like happiness, sadness, joy, exuberance, fear, and love are exclusive to us humans. And yet animals feel those things too. And those of us who keep chickens get to see it every day.

Thanks for sharing their story.

Back
Top Bottom