Cutest, Handsomest, and Prettiest Duck!

Everyone is so cute!!!! i'm loving them all
wee.gif

Here are my girls Chistina and Henrietta

Beautiful!

Here is Cassie one of our new ducks we purchased to balance out the boy girl count. I apologize for her dirty bill. She was busy digging in the mud from where the pool was dumped. It was a little cold and windy yesterday afternoon so she was more than happy to snuggle up to Eric for warmth.
That is adorable!!

My husband was home on break this summer, we had some chicks that were scheduled to show up 2 days after he was to leave. So I suggested we go to the feed store and get some chicks so he could get the chance to play with some while they were small and fluffy. While we were looking at the chicks his eyes kept straying to the duckies. He just got a huge grin on his face and said "duckies". Well now we were duck people too, hahaha. He thoroughly loved them. He didn't get to watch them grow so when he got to come permanently home a month later we got him 2 more. Once again he was all smiles
wink.png

Butterscotch, Pekin, (L) and Jake, Rouen, (R) keepin watch in the front yard. (May 2012)

Their first time in the pool, they were so excited. And as always they pose so prettily for the camera.

Jake and Butterscotch in the pen with the big chickens now. (July 2012)

Jennifer, crested Rouen, (L) and Monta-Q, Rouen. (R) (July 2012) We just had to get 2 more...couldn't help ourselves!

When we first brought them home Jennifer (crested) could hardly walk without flopping and zig zagging. We took her out side for extended periods of time and allowed them to swim to help strengthen her legs up. The very best thing for her was putting her in the pen with everyone else. She walks much better now, less zig zag and more wave like. But boy can she run!!! That girl is lightning fast and runs straight as an arrow and can turn on a dime!!!
big_smile.png

Skittish Butterscotch (back) became the leader of the pack, followed by Jake (L), Monta-Q (R) and Jennifer (front). Butter started watching out for Jennifer because of her wobbliness and just took over. All our girls are happy and as you can see love to show off their best sides when the camera comes out.

My husband was home on break this summer, we had some chicks that were scheduled to show up 2 days after he was to leave. So I suggested we go to the feed store and get some chicks so he could get the chance to play with some while they were small and fluffy. While we were looking at the chicks his eyes kept straying to the duckies. He just got a huge grin on his face and said "duckies". Well now we were duck people too, hahaha. He thoroughly loved them. He didn't get to watch them grow so when he got to come permanently home a month later we got him 2 more. Once again he was all smiles
wink.png

Butterscotch, Pekin, (L) and Jake, Rouen, (R) keepin watch in the front yard. (May 2012)

Their first time in the pool, they were so excited. And as always they pose so prettily for the camera.

Jake and Butterscotch in the pen with the big chickens now. (July 2012)

Jennifer, crested Rouen, (L) and Monta-Q, Rouen. (R) (July 2012) We just had to get 2 more...couldn't help ourselves!

When we first brought them home Jennifer (crested) could hardly walk without flopping and zig zagging. We took her out side for extended periods of time and allowed them to swim to help strengthen her legs up. The very best thing for her was putting her in the pen with everyone else. She walks much better now, less zig zag and more wave like. But boy can she run!!! That girl is lightning fast and runs straight as an arrow and can turn on a dime!!!
big_smile.png

Skittish Butterscotch (back) became the leader of the pack, followed by Jake (L), Monta-Q (R) and Jennifer (front). Butter started watching out for Jennifer because of her wobbliness and just took over. All our girls are happy and as you can see love to show off their best sides when the camera comes out.
They are all beautiful and
welcome-byc.gif
I'll tell you something else that may help Jennifer is Brewers yeast sprinkled on top of feed once a day. you can get it at natural food stores and online. Chick feed doesn't have the niacin some ducks need for strong legs.

Last edited:
Everyone's are so precious! Here are my darlings!

Jake and Finn stretching their wings!

Finn and TreeTrunks saw a dragon fly...

Then Jake tried to eat him

The sillies being cute

Jake, Finn and TreeTrunks

Back
Top Bottom