Cutest, Handsomest, and Prettiest Duck!

I haven't clipped them yet, but they sure are trying to fly around in the house. TreeTrunks learned that if she flaps hard enough and jumps she can hop onto my bed and really nip on my toes!
We need a video of that one. lol don't wait too long Melissa I sure would hate to see you posting here saying you lost one.
sad.png

Do you really think they will fly away? They cry if I'm in another room and not in sight.
If they fly they could get too far away to get back. It's not that they want to leave you it's the joy of flying. There is a young duck down the road from us hanging out in the river that I bet the farm flew off and someone is looking for her. It happens more than we know and sometimes with happy ending like they find their way home, just had that this week on here but most of the time they don't. There is Metzers web site that tells you how to clip. AND it doesn't hurt them at all. I am not trying to scare you just don't want to see you devasted if it happened. Seeing them flapping their wings like they were makes me know they are getting that feeling. I clip my ducklings wings at 12 weeks. How old are your babies now?

If they fly they could get too far away to get back. It's not that they want to leave you it's the joy of flying. There is a young duck down the road from us hanging out in the river that I bet the farm flew off and someone is looking for her. It happens more than we know and sometimes with happy ending like they find their way home, just had that this week on here but most of the time they don't. There is Metzers web site that tells you how to clip. AND it doesn't hurt them at all. I am not trying to scare you just don't want to see you devasted if it happened. Seeing them flapping their wings like they were makes me know they are getting that feeling. I clip my ducklings wings at 12 weeks. How old are your babies now? 

Oh dear. I guess I haven't thought about it like that. They are 10 weeks old now. I guess I should start looking into it. As long as it doesnt hurt them I'll clip them as soon as I learn how.

Oh dear. I guess I haven't thought about it like that. They are 10 weeks old now. I guess I should start looking into it. As long as it doesnt hurt them I'll clip them as soon as I learn how.
Honestly if you do it right it won't hurt them at all and you'll know you can have them outside with out the possibility of them flying off., go to clipping ducks wings and you'll see Metzers website and others probably even on utube. Didn't it get decided they are white mallards? they will fly. Pekins nope.

Wow you all have some beautiful ducks
love.gif
This is pretty Peep..our mystery duck! We don't know what breed she is as she is the same colouring as in the pic but now she is fully grown she is tiny - less than half the size of a runner. Any ideas what she may be would be appreciated! But we love her as our mystery duck :)

Wow you all have some beautiful ducks
love.gif
This is pretty Peep..our mystery duck! We don't know what breed she is as she is the same colouring as in the pic but now she is fully grown she is tiny - less than half the size of a runner. Any ideas what she may be would be appreciated! But we love her as our mystery duck :)
I don't know but she is gorgeous!

^
^
^
They think they are penguins; would beg to be let in to brook even in a blizzard and never seem to phase them

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom