cutesy chick pic

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by WLLady, Mar 12, 2012.

1. WLLady

WLLady Out Of The Brooder

I just had to share this one. Believe it or not, I took it with my cell phone and it's probably the best pic i have of any of my chickens! This mom went broody and was absolutely miserable, so with my last hatch of chicks I slipped this chick under her, well, it wasn't quite that graceful....i shoved the thing under her in the middle of the day while she was sulking in the coop.
    She bit me, and then maternal instincts kicked in. 2 days later the chick was following her everywhere. The wind came up just before this photo, she scooted under the coop and chick crawled in right away. I didn't get any closer, given the evil eye I was getting from mom LOL

kathy

[​IMG]

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Oh, that is cute! I love it when they peek out from under mama's feathers!

Thanks for sharing! I'm like you, I don't carry a camera around but I always have my cell phone.....

3. GardenGal

GardenGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    Western WA
    That's excellent :D

4. Desirai

Desirai Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 12, 2011
    Alabama
    What an adorable picture!!! that is too cute

5. Kiki A

Kiki A Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2012
    SC
    SO cute!!!!!!! :D

6. Chickiee

Chickiee Chillin' With My Peeps

Awww! Cute!

7. WLLady

WLLady Out Of The Brooder

she's turned into such a good mom! she has her little chick climbing all the way up to the roost that the big hens use at night, chick has to go to the first step, to the second step, to the window ledge, to the lower roost and then run over and hop up onto the upper roost. then she climbs up onto mom's back and settles down for the night. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by