Cyn! I candled....

Corey NC

Songster
12 Years
Mar 28, 2007
North Carolina
I am so proud of myself I waited til day ten! It was really tough but I did it.

I have mixed news, all of the Ameraucanas, buff brahma/blue orp, and eggs from my own flock are fertile and growing well, accept one ameraucana egg that a had a blood ring. Though Lexie's and the lt. brahma /blue orp eggs are all infertile. I doubt that it was the shipping cause the other eggs are doing well, I guess it is time to trim back some feathers. I am so proud of my Moses I have yet to have an infertile egg from him. Wish me luck, 11 more days to go!

Hey, Corey, I sent you an email. Lexie's infertile? That's a first. I know occasionally one shows up infertile, but poor Lexie has no butt-fluff, LOL. Her backside is bare from molting. I just incubated her eggs here and all three are growing, so dunno for sure what's up with your BR eggs I sent.
I do know that something is weird about Miranda and I've notified all the people I've sent her eggs to lately. Thank goodness they were part of an assortment and not the only eggs in the bunch. It's the weirdest thing I've ever come across, and I explained it in your email but I'll tell you here. Miranda's eggs are all fertilized, however, for some reason, none of them will ever develop. I know they are fertile, all very definite bullseyes and have been since she began laying. I incubated one myself because I got suspicious about why no one seems to be able to hatch her eggs. Well, no development, but a clear bullseye, just the same. I am wondering if Miranda has a genetic weakness of some sort causing her eggs not to be able to develop into a chick. She has never been ill in her life so that's my only explanation. I'm sorry I wasn't aware of this problem before I sent them to you, hon. I'll make up for it when I send your Blue Orps next month, okay?

Sounds good, I can't wait for my blue orps!

Congrads on you new little ones!
jumpy.gif

Thanks, hon, at least you'll have the Blue Orp/Buff Brahmas. They are precious and so are the Ameraucanas. Charlotte and Silver are the best layers so far! Hopefully, they'll pass that along to your pullet chicks.

Back
Top Bottom