Cysts on turkey???

KooKooKluckerz

Hatching
5 Years
Feb 16, 2014

Hello!
I have an approx 8 week old turkey with these cyst looking bulbs on it's neck.
They have doubled in size in a week. I have another turkey with no problems. They're both growing at the same rate, eat normally and I haven't noticed poo as I have lots of poultry running around and they are all free range.
I did notice today when it breathes, (I don't know the proper terminology here) it's pockets above it's nostrils puff up quite a bit like little balloons.
We had intended on raising them for thanksgiving but I'm concerned about these growths as well as it's well being. Any help is appreciated.

Hello!
I have an approx 8 week old turkey with these cyst looking bulbs on it's neck.
They have doubled in size in a week. I have another turkey with no problems. They're both growing at the same rate, eat normally and I haven't noticed poo as I have lots of poultry running around and they are all free range.
I did notice today when it breathes, (I don't know the proper terminology here) it's pockets above it's nostrils puff up quite a bit like little balloons.
We had intended on raising them for thanksgiving but I'm concerned about these growths as well as it's well being. Any help is appreciated.

It's been a lllloooooooonnnnnnggggg time since I've had a turkey but, I don't think you have anything to worry about. Looks like a Tom Turkey growing into his neck. The other is probably his girl friend. Maybe someone else on here can confirm or correct my thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom