D-day for Redhen and UrbanMama....**Lots-O-Babies!!**

UrbanMama

Gone Country....
11 Years
Sep 27, 2008
Massachusetts
Okay...the saga started several weeks ago when Redhen and I were talking about how we both wanted to try raising coturnix quail. This would be Redhen's first time incubating eggs (Ahhhh...the birth of a hatchaholic...what a beautiful thing!
lau.gif
) We decided to give it a try and together, ordered 200 Texas A & M Coturnix Quail eggs from E-bay.

They sent 300!
ep.gif
Out of the 300, 33 were either cracked or broken. I brought 150 to Redhen, kept 100 for my bator and gave my dd11 17 for her homemade MissPrissy style bator (which she made herself, using her own b'day money...
clap.gif
)

Today is D-day...the day we all stop turning and set the eggs up for hatching!

After candling mine, and pulling clears, I think I have 73 left. My daughter hasn't candled or pulled any of hers (she's worried she'll drop them
lau.gif
)

So here are our bators...

100_1357.jpg

and

100_1358.jpg

And I'll get Redhen to post a pic of hers once she's up and about on here....

Last edited:
Yeh for you. If my health were good right now I might start trying to get eggs myself and hatch but for the next while I will have to wait. Oh I so want so many kinds. I love my fuzzy butts. jean

Nope...no silkies yet.
lol.png
I have silkie eggs coming any day though!
wink.png

AND we just bought some silkies at the Northeast Poultry Congress show last weekend. I bought 4, Redhen bought 2....are we off the hook ?
lau.gif

Last edited:
pop.gif
SAME hydrometer thingaling i use!
big_smile.png

COMON CHICKIEESS

I just put 8 in from my girl Henny Penny, who's mama is outside so these will be IMO my great grandquail he he!

Back
Top Bottom