d

Discussion in 'Chickens 8 Weeks & Older' started by Just_Clucky84, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Just_Clucky84

Just_Clucky84 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 5, 2009
    Boston, MA
    d

Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  2. kdmp7244@aol.com

[email protected] Out Of The Brooder

Jun 22, 2011
    Wilmington, Ma
    Hello

I have some serama roosters. I have some that are pretty calm and like to be picked up. I also have some mixed breed roosters to. If you want you can come by and take a look.

3. themenagerie

themenagerie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2011
    I have a Lavender Orpington Roo, about 9 months old, I also have a 9 month old Columbian Rock cross (WHite Rock x RIR), the same age. I have too many Roo's for my hens. I'm in Littleton, Ma so not too far..about 20 minutes from you.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  4. Chicken Chickita

Chicken Chickita Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2010
    Middleboro, MA
    I have 4 sweet roos that I am willing to rehome. I have inserted pictures of two of them below. The first one pictured is a bantam frizzle white crested cuckoo polish roo. He is approximately 1 year old. He's very sweet and lovable. He can't see well and would need to be well protected from predators. He is no where near the top of the pecking order here and I've only ever heard him crow once. I had thought he was a girl until I heard him crow in January.

Below him is Lurch, a big happy dark brahma roo who was born Easter day of last year.

I also have a smooth white crested cuckoo polish roo. He's very happy and friendly with the other chickens but avoids being picked up.

I also have a tiny little buff silkie roo from Sundown Silkies. I brought him into the house last week to keep my indoor "special needs" chicken company, until he started crowing and I learned he was a boy. He's back outside now. He's sweet and can be held and is quite snuggly. I could try to get pics of the others later in the week if you are interested.

I'm in Middleboro, MA.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. Soaring Chicks

Soaring Chicks Soaring Hawks Farm

Jan 3, 2010
    Henderson,NC
    Hello,
    I have a 6 1/2 month old Auburn Java Rooster. He was raised by us and use to being handled for AI & NPIP testing. He is always trying to beat the girls to the gate to see what kind of treats I may have. He is good to the hens. I will be truthful and tell you that just because he is this way with us does not mean he will be cuddlely for you. Any new rooster you get will have to adjust to his new home and new flock. It could take a while for any bird to settle down and get friendly with everyone. During this stage is when you want to work with the new birds treats work great to get one to be calm with you. Anyway here is a picture of him. He was 4 months old in this picture. $15 is his price with out shipping. I would have to check on that if you did want him. Best of luck finding the right rooster for your self.
    [​IMG]

6. Rozebow

Rozebow New Egg

Jul 23, 2011
    I have a pet rooster..

7. Gypsylion

Gypsylion Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    Boston, MA
    Hi J_C!

I'm just outside of Boston and I have a gorgeous, hand-raised little bantam cochin roo that needs a new home. He was hatched on October 1st, and raised in my bedroom along with his two sisters so he's been handled a lot. He's right in the middle of puberty at the moment, so is way more interested in the ladies than me lately, but he is very sweet and tame and will happily hop up on your lap for some treats!

Please let me know if you are interested and we can talk about it further. Thanks!
    ~Gypsylion~

8. Autumn D

Autumn D Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2012
    I have bunch of sweet little bantams, they have been handle as a chick and LUV having their belly rubed. its pick-up only and we live in michigan so it will be quite a road trip. there's Buff and Black Japanese and Partidge Rock. the sweetest one is buddie, a buff japanese cockerel. the partrigde rocks are absolutely beautiful and have very colorful plumage. the black japanese have a bit of white on there hackles giving them the apearance of an old man. the japanese really like to fight with other roos , while the rocks are less cocky.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by