Da' Cute and Cuddly Call Duck thread!

You may have to wait another year though if I can't find any late hatchers...also how far are you willing to have them shipped from? All the breeders I know are here in the West Coast, and one in Idaho.

Hey guys, I'm in a bit of a conundrum. I'm not sure if my little girl has angel wing or not, her wingtips are just so tiny I'm not sure if it's AW or just the normal progression of wing development in Calls.

It's super hard to see in these yucky photos, but if you look at her back you can see her wingtip sticking straight out from the rest of her contour feathers. What do you all think? (also I'm wearing shorts so sorry in advance for my blinding paleness.)

Last edited:
Hey guys, I'm in a bit of a conundrum. I'm not sure if my little girl has angel wing or not, her wingtips are just so tiny I'm not sure if it's AW or just the normal progression of wing development in Calls. It's super hard to see in these yucky photos, but if you look at her back you can see her wingtip sticking straight out from the rest of her contour feathers. What do you all think? (also I'm wearing shorts so sorry in advance for my blinding paleness.)
She's in that scruffy stage but it looks ok to me. I think angel wing tends to throw the wing tip out sideways. To me yours looks like feather cases pointing up from the wing (but it's late here and I wear glasses! ) I'd just keep an eye on it and make sure she's getting her vits!

For comparison

She's in that scruffy stage but it looks ok to me. I think angel wing tends to throw the wing tip out sideways. To me yours looks like feather cases pointing up from the wing (but it's late here and I wear glasses! )

I'd just keep an eye on it and make sure she's getting her vits!

I have a vet appt tomorrow - her left wing is angling more outward, whereas her right wing seems fine. Maybe I'm jumping the gun a bit, maybe she's 100% normal, but I'm one of those obnoxious overprotective duck mamas.
roll.png
Besides, her feed has been high in protein...what can I say, I'm a worrier. I've been giving her way more veggies and less of her pellets to see if that'll help. I also ordered some Mazuri (the only feed I could find below 15% protein), so until it arrives I'll just hafta stick to the veggies.

Lovey duck <3

Is that a call duck? o.o;; She sure has a huge shnozz for one! Still a cutie though <3

Last edited:
Hey guys, I'm in a bit of a conundrum. I'm not sure if my little girl has angel wing or not, her wingtips are just so tiny I'm not sure if it's AW or just the normal progression of wing development in Calls.

It's super hard to see in these yucky photos, but if you look at her back you can see her wingtip sticking straight out from the rest of her contour feathers. What do you all think? (also I'm wearing shorts so sorry in advance for my blinding paleness.)

not seeing anything right now, keep an eye it CAN be fixed.. i had one go off on me, first time ever with calls and it was with it's mama....

see? i taped it, she's all fixed now wouldn't have even known their was ever a problem.

Back
Top Bottom