Da' Cute and Cuddly Call Duck thread!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by LeBlackbird, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Buck Oakes

Buck Oakes Chillin' With My Peeps

Thanks!

2. Fizzgig

Fizzgig Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    So my mallard colored call has eggs hatching

So far she is at twelve and it seems like she has more eggs under her. Clever girl I could have sworn she only had ten eggs.

So far it looks like I'm going to get some more mallards hopefully with their mums dusky gene. Maybe a coupe of blue fawn and possibly a buff. There's one or two in there whose colors I'm not sure on. Seems like there always is no matter how many ducklings we hatch
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Julie Birb

Julie Birb Ducks win

Mar 22, 2014
    Italy
    oh my word, that's a lot of little fuzzlets.I'd scoop everyone of them up and give them a kiss.

4. buff goose guy

buff goose guy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2014
    Mississippi Y'all
    Ohh I'm so jealous.

5. Fizzgig

Nov 13, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia

I try to leave them alone with mum for the first 24 hours to bond before I go touching them. But when they've had time to bond I will be cuddling them all

6. buff goose guy

Feb 9, 2014
    Mississippi Y'all
    so is it a call duck or mallard that hatched the babies?

7. Duckman02

Duckman02 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 28, 2014
    Hi !!!!! All of the ducks are sssssssssssssssssssssssoooooooooooooooo cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So what do you guys normally buy/sell your show quality ducks for?????

8. buff goose guy

Feb 9, 2014
    Mississippi Y'all
    I ordered mine for 80 dollars, but these are duckling and not promised show quality level, although thy come from lines of show quality. I'm getting 5 by the way so16 dollars a duckling ( if that helps at all )

9. Julie Birb

Julie Birb Ducks win

Mar 22, 2014
    Italy
    aaahhh. Lucky on the cuddling. Good to let them bond first. Little sweeties.

10. Fizzgig

Nov 13, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    She is a show quality call. I believe in the states you call the color grey. In Australia she is colored dusky mallard.

She ended up with sixteen babies I have no idea where she was hiding the eggs she must have had them stacked.

I don't sell my babies until they are a couple of months old that way I know what quality I'm selling as well as colors. Rare colored show quality females sell for around $80 each uncommon colored show quality $60 common colored show quality females $50. All show quality males are $50. Pet quality ducks sell $40 a pair or $30 females and $10 males. Those prices are pretty standard around here.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by