Da' Cute and Cuddly Call Duck thread!

Pics

she is such a good mummy!!!! they are 2 days old and adorable
That is so precious
love.gif

So these are three of mine, and I've put a few pics up prior. The off colored Blue Butterscotch pair on the left, surprised me with "Gator" on the right. I had no clue what color Gator was, and figured her for a mutt bird. Recently I was connected with someone that shows nationally, and he informed me she is an Apricot Silver, which can be a result of BB matings. What was even more fun, was when I asked about her show quality, and he said she would definitely stand her own in a class of Apricot Silvers.
wee.gif

A photo of Gator, with mom looking a bit cross in the background.

My happy little accident, Gator.

I went to the Eastern Iowa Poultry show yesterday, and was amazed at the mass of call ducks and the amount of noise they're capable of. The show was actually the day before, but they don't release the birds until the following morning. It was an excellent learning experience, comparing placements and structure/color, from pen to pen. I left with a pair of Silver Appleyards from Wapsi Waterfowl, and got some more information. They are not show quality and the hen could use better markings, but they were within my budget and hopefully I can breed up to some degree. I hope to get some photos once they settle in.

Sorry the photo isn't better, but this was a cute scene for sure at the show. I believe these birds were Mr. Zimmerman's and I think they might've all been for sale. I'm not sure, but when I saw them all sticking their heads out of their stalls, I wanted to get a photo for a friend.

A photo showing maybe 1/3rd of the cages of the call ducks entered.

Back
Top Bottom