Da' Cute and Cuddly Call Duck thread!

Can't get quote to work.

Re: Protein levels in feed

I raise chickens, ducks, turkeys, geese

That is where the key of the whole problem is i really don't think it's a black and white thing, all my birds get access to the ground while the calls are penned they definitely get ahold of a variety of things vs birds in raised pens.

I generally don't either that said, you can never say never lol i don't have leg issues here either.. i did find my Pekin needed duck starter though.. whereas my Calls and Muscovy, buff do better on a lower protein all flock starter type.

Trouble is each area and situation is different, so you have to allow for that... your fortunate you can get custom feed.

Any feed mill can custom mix. I have lived several different places since I began raising poultry & have never been more than 20 miles from a mill that could custom mix. The only problem is that the mills require 500-1000 pound minimum to do a mix. Since I easily go through that much in 1-2 months it is not an issue for me. I also find that custom mix is far cheaper at about $10 per 50 pounds vs. $12-17 for 50 pounds of commercial feed. I also mix for very low soy content whereas commercial feeds are very high soy content.

two of the ducks in this pic (the one in the cage and the one next two her) have gone to ducky heaven
hit.gif

but the others (starting with the white one) are: Amy, Cheese, Martha and Quakers.

Hey, my name's Amy! And coincidentally I am paler than a white sheet in the middle of a snow storm. XD

Any feed mill can custom mix. I have lived several different places since I began raising poultry & have never been more than 20 miles from a mill that could custom mix. The only problem is that the mills require 500-1000 pound minimum to do a mix. Since I easily go through that much in 1-2 months it is not an issue for me. I also find that custom mix is far cheaper at about $10 per 50 pounds vs. $12-17 for 50 pounds of commercial feed. I also mix for very low soy content whereas commercial feeds are very high soy content.

NOt here, most of the mills here bring in feed hard enough to get larger bags of some grains as it is.

Thanks! <3 I am enamored by this duck. Everyone she meets falls in love with her. I can't believe how sweet and good-natured she is, I was hoping for an affectionate duck, but she's blown me out of the water with how obedient and loving she is! Er, no pun intended.

Also, her wing wraps came off today and she's 100% better! She spent a good hour just scratching and grooming her new feathers, it probably feels good to finally be able to reach them, ha!

Back
Top Bottom