Da' Cute and Cuddly Call Duck thread!

Hi, everyone! I have snowy calls that I obtained from mini earlier this year. I LOVE them! I've been reading all I can to learn more about them.

I hatched this girl from them; her head is much darker than the hen's. Anyone know if this is typical? I'm wondering if she will lighten after molt. Sorry for the poor quality pic. She is a firecracker and constantly on the move. This was the best out of about 20 photos.
smile.png

This one is just for fun:

Very pretty! Mine seem to all darken after molt....at least so far they have & some are heading into their third year.

Hi can I join??

I am getting a couple of calls in a couple of weeks hopefully am getting 1 black bibbed ,1 white,1 chocolate and 1 chocolate bibbed :celebrate

Could anyone post picture of ducklings and adults of these 4 colours

Any other info on call duck care or call duckling care greatly appreciated:D

Of course you can join! This is for call duck lovers and owners, even pre-owners. :p You're gonna adore having them, they really are hands-down my favorite duck!

Do the typical grays have this much white on them when they are juveniles?

..chest and tummies are all white. This guy was a breeding btwn a snowy hen or snowy pastel hen and a blue fawn drake. First generation appleyard pattern?

My greys have very little white if any... come to think of it lol old pic of some of mine. sorry they were dabbling so heads moved.

This is my appleyard and one my grey females in behind.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom