Da' Cute and Cuddly Call Duck thread!

Hi can I join??

I am getting a couple of calls in a couple of weeks hopefully am getting 1 black bibbed ,1 white,1 chocolate and 1 chocolate bibbed
celebrate.gif

Could anyone post picture of ducklings and adults of these 4 colours

Any other info on call duck care or call duckling care greatly appreciated:D

How fun! great colour range. I have blue fawns, grey and one appleyard ... i need more colour lol

I hope so I can't wait!!

I have a feeling Ms. Quackers @Going Quackers is far more patient with things like this than I am, but reading her signature tells me she has plenty of things other than obsessing over hatchings to keep her busy. It sounds like she has a dream place like the hubby and I intend to have someday. We were so intensely curious about what was going on in the coop, yet also not wanting to be continually checking and potentially disturbing a duck that was sitting to the point she'd abandon the nest, that we eventually installed a coop cam. We still obsessed, but at least that allowed us to do it from a distance without the duck knowing.

Hehe we hatched in a bator, so it was agonizing to wait! We're also in the suburbs, no other animals to tend to, I'm currently working from home, and that exacerbated things considerably. I'm just not a patient person when you get right down to it. BUT, the day will come nonetheless, and you'll wanna be ready for every contingency! How many eggs did you set?

Hehe we hatched in a bator, so it was agonizing to wait! We're also in the suburbs, no other animals to tend to, I'm currently working from home, and that exacerbated things considerably. I'm just not a patient person when you get right down to it. BUT, the day will come nonetheless, and you'll wanna be ready for every contingency! How many eggs did you set?

She wasn't motivated to sit on the nest until the clutch grew to 18 eggs. Those were from all three Buffs, but Sophia took over the task of seeing that they made it out into the big wide world.

I'm going to give you something else to wait for and be impatient with. I had already thought about it but hadn't said anything yet. If we get ducklings next spring from our Calls, and I have no reason to think we won't, I'd like you to have one if you're interested.

Oh yes, yes that'd be lovely!! We really want to get a buddy for Wobs but were hoping to get one that wasn't white like she is. Oh, that'd be so wonderful! I'm touched! <3

The "Girlfriend" I bought for Chuck turned out to be a boyfriend. So I'm now looking for two call hens. If I can get a white hen I'll sell my blue magpie drake.

Back
Top Bottom