Da' Cute and Cuddly Call Duck thread!

@Lacrystol

There ya go, JB...
big_smile.png
wink.png
WHAT WHAT DID A MISS? DID SOMEONE SAY MMMMMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE???????

Get ready for the drooling...
First ancona call to hatch this season! This and one other egg but I lost the other before internal pip.
This little one had a tough hatch (took 2 days) and is SO tired! Also has curled feet but we can work on that once it's gained some strength

omg, WHAT A CUTIE!!!

Were you able to find the bill when you made the safe holes? It's super tricky because of the placement, risk of hurting the baby or nicking a blood vessel but they won't be able to breathe otherwise :/ Lacrystol, we need you!!

Quote: Can you see any bruises on the shells? I ask because when my Muscovy ducklings try to pip in the wrong spot a bruise shows up. No idea if Calls do this or not, but if you see a bruise, I'd be willing to bet that's where the bill is. Here is a picture of what I mean:

This is a Muscovy that tried to pip at the wrong end.

This is the whole I made for it.

-Kathy

Here's another:
The brown spot is where it pipped internally, the hole is one I made. Note that the air cell is on the other side of the egg!

This is after I made the hole larger

Hole/pip vs air cell

-Kathy

Last edited:
Can you see any bruises on the shells? I ask because when my Muscovy ducklings try to pip in the wrong spot a bruise shows up. No idea if Calls do this or not, but if you see a bruise, I'd be willing to bet that's where the bill is. Here is a picture of what I mean: [COLOR=333333]This is a Muscovy that tried to pip at the wrong end.[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333] [/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]This is the whole I made for it.[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333] [/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]-Kathy[/COLOR]
No bruises, I'm really afraid they're going to suffocate
1f62d.png
I guess tomorrow morning I'm going to have to try and intervene somehow

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom