Da' Cute and Cuddly Call Duck thread!

Kathy, I did some spot weighing on the 2 day olds last night... didn't get them all cuz I kept losing tract of the ones that were the same colors, lol...

But my biggest was 45g and smallest was 25g... the rest were 33g, 37g, and 40g...

The 25g was a snowy from my smallest, most typey pair of Calls... oh, and the 40g was one of the other snowy babies, lol...

ETA comparison

Last edited:
Kathy, I did some spot weighing on the 2 day olds last night... didn't get them all cuz I kept losing tract of the ones that were the same colors, lol...

But my biggest was 45g and smallest was 25g... the rest were 33g, 37g, and 40g...

The 25g was a snowy from my smallest, most typey pair of Calls... oh, and the 40g was one of the other snowy babies, lol...

ETA comparison

Good data! Now don't be alarmed if you weigh them again tomorrow, cause some will lose weight as they process the yolk. By day 7, all should be trending up.

-Kathy

I wish I had Winter's weight from when she was two, three, and four weeks old! I'm just happy Cal's gaining weight! And I pray he only continues to thrive and grow! :)

Comparing him to Winter might not even give you good reference depending on their hatch weight... just watch that his has steady gain and that will be your best way to tell how he's doing...

When does the voice become raspy and the tail begin to curl typically for male Calls?

Voice changes about 6-8 weeks and the curl usually doesn't show up until they molt their juvie feathers for adult...

Good data! Now don't be alarmed if you weigh them again tomorrow, cause some will lose weight as they process the yolk. By day 7, all should be trending up.

-Kathy

Got it! And I'm gonna weight this new batch as I pull them from the bator after fluffing so I can make sure I get each one and see what newborn weights look like... :)

Hey!! My duckies hatched yesterday and I thought I would post some photos!
[/URL]
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh aaaaaaaa eeeeeeeeee so CUTE AND ADORABLE AND WARM AND SOFT AND VERY small.

Comparing him to Winter might not even give you good reference depending on their hatch weight... just watch that his has steady gain and that will be your best way to tell how he's doing...
Voice changes about 6-8 weeks and the curl usually doesn't show up until they molt their juvie feathers for adult...
Got it! And I'm gonna weight this new batch as I pull them from the bator after fluffing so I can make sure I get each one and see what newborn weights look like...
smile.png
out of the bator? After fluffing???? Fluffy baby ducklings with webs? Awe, @RavynFallen you're killing me.

Back
Top Bottom