Da' Cute and Cuddly Call Duck thread!

@RavynFallen found a scale at our house that we already had for weighing fruits and veggies, it's perfect for baby ducks! Lol, weighed Cal again yesterday and he came in at 200 grams! So, he gained 65 grams last week and 45 grams this week! He's still just so tiny! Did you ever get weights on any of your two day old, two week old, and one month old Calls?

Last edited:
@RavynFallen found a scale at our house that we already had for weighing fruits and veggies, it's perfect for baby ducks! Lol, weighed Cal again yesterday and he came in at 200 grams! So, he gained 65 grams last week and 45 grams this week! He's still just so tiny! Did you ever get weights on any of your two day old, two week old, and one month old Calls?

Good deal... as long as he keeps gaining well, I'd say he's doing good... I posted 2 day olds weights on post #5614...

I got some weights on just hatched, but they averaged 26g... other than that, I've been a bit busy... lots of babies right now and a pair of broody Calls hatching today, lol...

Any ideas on what colour this call duckling is?

Thanks!

Just to clarify, my call duck eggs are on days 28 and they pipped today, but not made progress. The thermometer in my incubator says the temp is 99.1 -99.3, is it too low? They are hatching 2 days late! Should I raise the temp to 100F, for the next hatch?

Thank you for all your wizard, all you experienced call duck breeder!:)

Last edited:
Just to clarify, my call duck eggs are on days 28 and they pipped today, but not made progress. The thermometer in my incubator says the temp is 99.1 -99.3, is it too low? They are hatching 2 days late! Should I raise the temp to 100F, for the next hatch?

Thank you for all your wizard, all you experienced call duck breeder!:)

Yes, I would say definitely too low of temp... I would calibrate the thermometer and also probably get a couple more to put in the bator as well to make sure it is keeping proper temps... I run my Call eggs at 100 to 100.5 depending on the bator I am using... hope yours hatch well, good luck!

Yes, I would say definitely too low of temp... I would calibrate the thermometer and also probably get a couple more to put in the bator as well to make sure it is keeping proper temps... I run my Call eggs at 100 to 100.5 depending on the bator I am using... hope yours hatch well, good luck!

Thank you so much for the info! I have adjusted my forced air Hovabator 1588 to 100F, a .9 of a degree increase! Hopefully it will positively affect future hatches! What type of incubator do you have?

Back
Top Bottom