Da' Cute and Cuddly Call Duck thread!

Hmmm... she *may not* be quite pure Snowy... where did you source them from?

Oh, mine prefer to go off from my flock as well... seems to be a Snowy thing, lol...
Why wait? As soon as yours are feathered out, go pick them up some Roseys or feeder goldfish from the pet store and put them in a water bowl for them...
big_smile.png
wink.png
also i forgot to mention were hatched in March

No way!! Last month Dexter got nabbed by an owl... he somehow escaped with minor injuries and came waddling down the road back home at first light!! Never would have though a Call would ever escape a large predator once caught!!
I can still picture Dexter waddling down the road all bright and confident, ready to eat breakfast...lol

No way!! Last month Dexter got nabbed by an owl... he somehow escaped with minor injuries and came waddling down the road back home at first light!! Never would have though a Call would ever escape a large predator once caught!!

I had a bald eagle swoop down and grab one of my hens last year. The neighbor dog startled it and it dropped her. She had a few really deep puncture wounds, but lived.

Yes! I got into silkies a couple years ago just so they can hatch calls for me!
This year my silkies went broody in January. They nested and hatched everything I put under then until May (I would remove chicks and ducklings and replace with more eggs).
In May I stopped giving them eggs so they would molt and take a break. It worked and then they were right back at it again in Aug/Sept!

Were they shipped eggs?

I have a very small backyard flock of calls as pets. Someone had commented on a pic I had on FB and referred to this little girl as a butterscotch. Does she look like she could have some butterscotch?

Oh my goodness!!! These are the cutest pictures...EVER! If my house call ever makes me a grandma I would be besides myself! Congrats!
Wow!! They are soooo adorable!! You did a great job! How was the hatching process?

Your little girl is a mixture of color genes, but I can't say what combos she has. I don't see where she could be called a butterscotch, as this is what butterscotch females should look like. But I bet she is entertaining, as well as cute.

Wish I could have been more help, but when folks mix different color varieties there are so many gene combinations and recessives that can be in the gene pool, I can't knowledgeably answer her heritage. Enjoy your ducks.

Back
Top Bottom