Da' Cute and Cuddly Call Duck thread!

I have the range from tiny to huge PQ ones, but my Snowy line is fairly small... Cuteness is tiny, but heavy for her size, she topped out at 26 oz... Bella was 19 oz last time I weighed her... in my mixed flock pound and a hlaf is avg, but have had some top out over 2lbs... those get sold off as pets quickly...

All I can think of now is tiny, chubby, pudgy Cuteness. :love Thanks. :) Crashie usually clocks in at a little over 17 ounces (about 490 grams). Trudi feels about the same weight as her daughter, but Malcolm definitely feels heavier, maybe 20 oz? I wish they would cooperate with me for me to weigh them, but I got them at a show as adults and neither has ever been fond of handling or humans in general. Whenever I try to put them on the scale, they slap their little webbity feet against it in defiance and then run away. :tongue

bY38L2V.jpg

Oh, no, the eyes, and the little feet, and the teeny tiny snoots!! :love So cute!

How's everyone doing this morning? Is your last little guy on his feet yet?

Last edited:
He's slowly becoming a fluff ball,
he's hiding in the cup now where I had him sitting when he was struggling.
He is adorable, I can't wait to post photos.
He has distinct black spots on his beak, legs, and body.
awwww a magpie :fl love them!!

I had 5 make it to lockdown, sadly I just candled those babies and they didn't make it.
One was so talkative and wobbly too, guess it just gave up.

But I'm happy and thankful for my 3, first ever hatch didn't go so horrible.
:hugs shipped eggs are always a gamble, calls just add that much more to it
you did great

All I can think of now is tiny, chubby, pudgy Cuteness. :love Thanks. :) Crashie usually clocks in at a little over 17 ounces (about 490 grams). Trudi feels about the same weight as her daughter, but Malcolm definitely feels heavier, maybe 20 oz? I wish they would cooperate with me for me to weigh them, but I got them at a show as adults and neither has ever been fond of handling or humans in general. Whenever I try to put them on the scale, they slap their little webbity feet against it in defiance and then run away. :tongue

Oh, no, the eyes, and the little feet, and the teeny tiny snoots!! :love So cute!

How's everyone doing this morning? Is your last little guy on his feet yet?

lol! Yep, I can see them doing that! :lau
If your scale has the Tare function, you can use a box or tote, set it on the scale first and hit Tare... it will zero out the scale to include the weight of the box/tote... then set them one at a time in it and get their weights... it's always good to get a baseline weight for these guys since thier roundness can hide weight loss in case of injury/illness/parasites... :)

:love

So adorable!!!

They are doing great! All cuddling together and being cute.
He is! A little slower than everyone else but he was a little late so it's ok.

Yay!!!! :ya

They are doing great! All cuddling together and being cute.
He is! A little slower than everyone else but he was a little late so it's ok.
May be a bit late to help you now if their feet are already better but I had two that had foot trouble at hatch and was told to remove the shavings and just use an old towel for the first couple days so they had a nice flat surface to get their feet flattened out on. Worked like a charm.
Just don't use anything slick like newspaper or anything.

Those were some of the calls my friend had that she wouldn't let me have lol. I tried to look up what they were but my closest guess was snow y or is there apple yard color in calls?
Could be a cross bred thing too. She said she would save me some eggs from her when she has some. . just what I need lol

Forgot to come back to this, lol... almost looks like Appleyard color, but not quite???

20170622_012007.jpg

This is my only one that looks correct for Appleyard color... duckling down color and pattern indicated it as well...

Forgot to come back to this, lol... almost looks like Appleyard color, but not quite???

View attachment 1085542

This is my only one that looks correct for Appleyard color... duckling down color and pattern indicated it as well...
Looks pretty close! I thought maybe snowy cause of stupid Google search. . but ya know what Google turns up. Misinformation. Snow y s are still beautiful but I really like that Apple yard look. . I wish I had got more pics of her while I was there but there were just too many to look at I was too busy being in love with them all!

Looks pretty close! I thought maybe snowy cause of stupid Google search. . but ya know what Google turns up. Misinformation. Snow y s are still beautiful but I really like that Apple yard look. . I wish I had got more pics of her while I was there but there were just too many to look at I was too busy being in love with them all!

*I think* I have one or 2 that look like her, hadn't researched what color they might be yet... when you mix colors in Calls, you just never know what might come out... she might even end up getting an Appleyard colored one, lol...

Back
Top Bottom