Da' Cute and Cuddly Call Duck thread!

Hello everyone. I have been sent on a mission by Ravynscroft to learn all I can about Calls before I bring mine home. This is one of the threads she's sent me too!
Teach my fellow Call lovers!
I know nothing except I absolutely adore them!:celebrate

:frow So, whatcha want to know? How adorable they are?

How big of personalities they have?

How about how positively eensy they are?

Or how head over heels you're going to be when they arrive? Sounds like you have a head start on that one. :lol:

Ask away! :D

Thanks! Yea they aren't even here yet and I'm already in love!
Question....Been reading everything I can...Will it always make this bonkers?
:lau:th
The more I learn the the more I realize how little I know!:hmm

Bahaha, welcome to the club!
laughing.gif
Every time you think you know something well, oops, here's another piece of the puzzle. Also, maybe it's me, but sometimes (especially with my chickens) it seems like they do things just to be contrary to what's supposed to be common knowledge. :rolleyes: So yup, bonkers, all the time. :lol:

Bahaha, welcome to the club! View attachment 1095322 Every time you think you know something well, oops, here's another piece of the puzzle. Also, maybe it's me, but sometimes (especially with my chickens) it seems like they do things just to be contrary to what's supposed to be common knowledge. :rolleyes: So yup, bonkers, all the time. :lol:
Lol...I figured as much! I have chickens, juvenile turkeys and dairy goats....And no one ever does anything "by the book". :lau

They have all pipped internally, and are trying to pip externally (I can feel them). Should I do anything?

Usually if they haven't externally pipped by the 24hr mark after internal pip, then you make a safe hole... tiny, hole no bigger than the tip of a nail or screw...

What do the parent stock look like? The typier the Calls are the harder it is for them to external pip and zip...

Back
Top Bottom