Da' Cute and Cuddly Call Duck thread!

Pics
Hi everyone! I remember reading this thread awhile ago, I didn't realize it was still active. Here are some of my pet quality calls I hatched this spring.

The oldest were hatched in Feb and one started laying a month ago. Here is my first duckling from my calls, hatched a few days ago.

_MG_5488_zps74b7208a.jpg

This would be the smallest boy I have.

If they were mine, I think this little guy would be the drake I would keep.

wee.gif
I had another magpie duckling hatch today. There are 14 more either in the incubator or under the broody. I think I'm going to collect to set one more set of eggs, then I'm going to have to start eating the eggs if she doesn't stop laying. It's going to be way too cold soon to be brooding a bunch of messy ducklings.
tongue.png

Haven't been on BYC in awhile, and I had a lot of catching up to do on this thread!
smile.png

I sorted through all my juveniles from this spring and I have 10 boys that are going to a pet home tomorrow morning - including the little Magpie drake "Checkers" that I posted some pictures of awhile back. He's a pretty little Magpie, but he developed some mallard-colored "leakage" in his white spots, so I don't think I should use him in my breeding flock.
sad.png

Here's my favorite boy I am keeping for next year's flock though - my gorgeous Dusky that I hatched from my Lilac project pen this year!
love.gif

Haven't been on BYC in awhile, and I had a lot of catching up to do on this thread!
smile.png

I sorted through all my juveniles from this spring and I have 10 boys that are going to a pet home tomorrow morning - including the little Magpie drake "Checkers" that I posted some pictures of awhile back. He's a pretty little Magpie, but he developed some mallard-colored "leakage" in his white spots, so I don't think I should use him in my breeding flock.
sad.png

Here's my favorite boy I am keeping for next year's flock though - my gorgeous Dusky that I hatched from my Lilac project pen this year!
love.gif

Really good to see a post from you!!!! I think of you often. Still have the Dutch Hookbills? If you do, how are the drakes, behavior-wise?
I have a Buff now and . . . . well . . . .I´ll go ahead and spill the beans . . . a few more on the way. This is in addition to the Runners.

Really good to see a post from you!!!! I think of you often. Still have the Dutch Hookbills? If you do, how are the drakes, behavior-wise?
I have a Buff now and . . . . well . . . .I´ll go ahead and spill the beans . . . a few more on the way. This is in addition to the Runners.

I still have my Hookbills, but I didn't actively breed them at all this year. We're in the middle of a year-long total home renovation, which is why I haven't been online much! I have them in a mixed flock with some Khaki Campbells, Stanbridge Whites, and a couple hybrids of the 3.
tongue.png
The drakes are sweet. I've never had any that were aggressive, and I'm on my 3rd generation that I've hatched myself now. In fact, the drakes seem more shy than the hens and hang back during feeding time until I walk away.

Back
Top Bottom