"Daddy, we're CHICKEN FARMERS!!!!!"

dbaeunn

In the Brooder
6 Years
Sep 1, 2013
northeast, Pennsylvania
SURPRISE! ..Mom's the chicken farmer!
Being a SAHM I am the "sole provider" for our newly acquired hens & "Roost". Along with 2 children (ages 4 and 2), I am no chicken farmer. Lol- Living in a non existent rural area in NEPA, I hope all of you can bare with me to help with any questions or concerns I have to eventually become the "chicken farmer" my daughter thinks I am.

Greetings from Kansas, dbaeunn, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Great to have you with us! Hey, everyone was a beginner once! A great place to pick up some great information is the Learning Center link below - the links there contain a wealth of chicken learnin! Good luck and best wishes!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/

Welcome to BYC from California wine country in the Western Sierra Foothills. :frow

I started with 8 chicks, one of which was an accidental rooster.... And now I have a flock of fifty-some chickens, twenty-some Cayuga ducks, four turkeys, five geese, and a peacock. Had I not discovered BYC, I really wonder what horrors my poor flock might have suffered....

I'm curious - what is "a non-existent rural area in NEPA?"

I'm curious - what is "a non-existent rural area in NEPA?"
Population 100

-- I am originally a city girl and moved into this area 13yrs ago. I knew nothing but "Chickens poop eggs" (the way I explained it to my daughter), my hubby tried to give me some general background on them. I found myself "Googling" every single question imaginable and it always brought me to BYC forums. I figured; if my daughter wants to be a chicken farmer, I should be able to answer every question imaginable she asks, and be able to take care of them to the best of my ability being the hubby sometimes doesn't make it home for a day or two.

We have 9 total. 5 Reds, 2 Barred Rocks, 1 Barnevelders? (is there a shorter name for this chicken) and a Rooster.
Currently talking "Dad" into a Silkie
love.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom