Daffy and Daisy set Free

WindyOaksYokes

Songster
12 Years
Jul 17, 2007
Central Virginia
We let the Mascovies out couple days ago. They were trying to get out and the others in, so we just let them out. As soon as I took Daisy out she took flight and flew off... scared the heck out of me (I was just about in tears, I thought she was gone!!!)!!! When we took Daffy out... he did not take flight, he stayed right there and searched for Daisy. He was lost without her LOL... it was kinda funny to watch. Daisy finally decided to walk back up the hill and then stood around for the longest time with the other ducks, while Daffy was over at the coop looking for her LOL... None of them are being very sociable though,, I figure in a few days, just need to give them time. Daffy did take flight too after a bit as I watched him all I could do was laugh. This was their first flying lesson LOL... when Daffy landed he landed on his belly and then rolled and did a nose dive! LMAO... it was so funny to watch, but I was also concerned for the little guy. Little guy my but LOL... he is only 3 months old and bigger than my 6 month olds LOL. They are really neat to watch and having a good time around the farm flying and getting to know the area... not to mention all the vegetation they have. We figure if the other ducks do not take them down to the creek then we will probably take them down in a few days if they let us. Every time I go near them... they run or fly away. So I am keeping my distance and I just neel down and talk to them. All in all I think they like their new home and are doing well.

Nighttime – Well went out to put everyone to bed… I searched everywhere for Daffy and Daisy, they have found their roost…. LOL>…. On top of the house!!!!!!! They seem to like it up there, so that is where get to roost. Makes me feel much better too, because now I know for a fact that they are safe from predators!!!!!!!!! Need to try to get a pic of them on their new roost.. before DARK LOL…

Will post more pics as I get them.

Just hangin out in the shade
MascoviesFree10-169.jpg

MascoviesFree10-168.jpg

Whatcha doin mom???? LOL
MascoviesFree10-166.jpg

MascoviesFree10-164.jpg

Beautiful ducks! I have two that are six weeks old and nine that are two weeks old. How old are your ducks now? How long did you keep them penned up before letting the loose?

Thanks everyone, yes, they are beautiful. The first ones I have ever owned, got them from MissPrissy.

Beautiful ducks! I have two that are six weeks old and nine that are two weeks old. How old are your ducks now? How long did you keep them penned up before letting the loose?

I have two different batches of ducks... my first batch is 6 months old, I think we finally let them go free around 5 weeks. From 2 weeks to 5 weeks we would let them out during the day in the run and then put them in a brooder over night.

This batch is 3 months old I kept them pinned up for a week and then let them out. I know I was supposed to keep them contained for 30 days, but they were contained at their old home and with the help and advice of other memebers, I felt okay with releasing them early.​

Absolutely beautiful, a lovely feel good post!!
Thankyou VERY MUCH for having smaller pics that dont take so long to view for my dialup, I actually got a chance to view them all without giving up. LOL
Keep us updated.

Simplicity - Thank you hun!!! Hey did you get my emails today???? I love that pic too!!! She was just looking at me like... what are you doing and kept watching me LOL... (Off subject - I have been having problems getting and sending.)

Bantymum - Your welcome for the small pics... I have dial up too... and it is rough for me having to up load those large pics too!!! I will definately keep you all updated! They are back on the roof tonight LOL... I kind of wish though they would find a tree tonight... and this rain... at least they would have some cover. I tried putting them in with the others, but they would not have it... and they can fly higher than me LOL (since I cant fly LOL)

Back
Top Bottom