Dandelions

Wow. That's fantastic. I'm sure they love you for that :)

The charity who does this all the time deserve all the credit, absolutely fantastic dedicated team of lovely women. They turn up at these places, find out slaughter dates and re home as many as they have room for. All for the love of it! Wing and a Prayer are awesome:)

Very cool, I bet it's pretty nice watching those poor chickies adjust to a normal, happy life! Give them some extra dandelions for me!

My chicks like all kinds of stuff but there absolute favorite is dandelion greens. It's chicken crack!
I have not tried dandelions with mine......but guess what my girls are getting today
thumbsup.gif

Mine love yogurt, blueberries, chickweed, clover, and cucumber......................oh, and mealworms.......best 5 minutes of entertainment ever!!
celebrate.gif

I would think at about 2-3 weeks they'd be ok with it, the same age at which you'd be comfortable letting them play in the grass outdoors. Just make sure you give them grit beforehand, otherwise they can't chew the greens!

I have weird chickens. Not only will mine not touch a dandylion they also hate mealworms and worms in general
hmm.png

Tomatoes and watermelon on the other hand, you better drop those and run otherwise you might lose a finger
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom