Danish Chicks, from Denmark of course

Danish Chicks

In the Brooder
May 21, 2015
Hi BYC,
My name is Esther and I live in Denmark. At the Danish Westcoast in a area with a lot of farms. A few neighbours also have chickens. My little flock of 4 (1.3) bantam Wyandottes (Dværg Wyandotter in Danish) are born in late 2014. They live with us since Easter 2015.
We started with a bought tiny, ready to use coop to have the time to built a well insulated chicken palace during summer.
Besides the chickens, I live with a few dogs (Azawakhs and Basenjis) and a few cats.

That much from us by now. :) have a nice day everybody

Welcome to BYC, Esther. Glad you decided join our flock. You have a beautiful flock. I've had a number of dogs over the years, but never a Basenji. But I always though they would be an ideal dog to have as they don't bark. :eek:) Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Hi Esther, welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

That's a beautiful photo of your flock. Any time you'd like to share more pictures, please do so. Photos are always fun to see.

It's nice to have you here!

Thank you all :)

It is just a thin line between posting pictures and spamming :D

My chickens spend part of the day in a securely fenced chicken garden, as the dogs would love to have a fresh snack ;-) but after the dogs are in the house, the chickens are allowed to "free range" the garden until it is their bed time.

Last edited:
Wow, your birds are beautiful! It's very smart of you to keep the dogs and chickens separated. We see a lot of stories on here about new flock owners losing birds to the family pet dog.

Thank you so much for sharing your photos!

Nice to meet you Esther , Welcome to Backyard chickens. Your birds are beautiful and so is your photography. I haven't seen a Basenji since I stopped attending dog shows many years ago. I know they don't bark but they do yodel. Would love to see photos of your dogs if you don't mind..

:)
So here comes some cats and dogs for you :) and a chicken...

And yes, I like taking pictures. Whenever my time allowes it, I am out in the forrest, at the beach or in the heathland with my dogs and the camera :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom