d'anver lovers,discuss the breed and post some pics!

Well, our pullet surprised us -- she's decided she wants to be a Mama! On Day 2 right now -- she only has two eggs under her. We've had chickens for years but this is our first time to have a rooster so I'm curious to see if she'll stick with it. I have 2 of her eggs in our incubator and they are scheduled to hatch this weekend.

That is a great photo.
Thank you! I lucked out with my crappy little camera that time.

Well, our pullet surprised us -- she's decided she wants to be a Mama! On Day 2 right now -- she only has two eggs under her. We've had chickens for years but this is our first time to have a rooster so I'm curious to see if she'll stick with it. I have 2 of her eggs in our incubator and they are scheduled to hatch this weekend.

How exciting! The D'Anvers are wonderful moms! And the males are active dads, too. So fun to watch them feed babies and fuss over them. A lady who owns one of my roosters now says she hatches and just gives the chicks to him. He watches over them, feeds them, defends them. They are super with babies most of the time. My own Spike loves chicks, but he has raised so many large fowl Barred Rocks that outgrew him at 8 weeks old that now, he pushes those away. They frustrate him, LOL.

Trying this new camera some more today. It does really great, when it decides to stay on.

Spike looks disturbed because his dad has been chasing him more than usual and he has to sit up on the roost to stay out of Aubrey's way. Click to enlarge.

One of our incubator d'Anvers hatched!!!! It is seriously the cutest and so feisty! It has no idea it is smaller than its hatch-mates.

One of our incubator d'Anvers hatched!!!! It is seriously the cutest and so feisty! It has no idea it is smaller than its hatch-mates.

That's a D'Anver for you. They really do think they're ten feet tall and bulletproof. It's not the size, it's definitely the attitude!

Excellent! (Photos and chick!!!!)
Thanks, the camera was being good early today. Later, I could not get it to stay on to take one more picture. Not reliable, but when it works, it's great, LOL.

Back
Top Bottom