Dark Barred Plymouth's

catpau63

Hatching
5 Years
Oct 10, 2014
Hi,

My name is Cathy and I live in Sydney, NSW, Australia, I have only just become a member of the group, but have been enjoying the posts from this wonderful group for the last couple of months.

I am hoping that someone can help me to sex my two plymouths, I purchased them both about 8 weeks ago,and would appreciate help as to determining the sex of these two beautiful babies.

Many Thanks in advance
thumbsup.gif

The breed isn't "Plymouths" it is Plymouth Rocks. In short, you have two Rocks, or two Barred Rocks.

OK, with that out of the way, you have a male and a female.

However, the female has a sober fault, as her legs are not yellow, at least in the photo. Let's hope as she eats bugs and especially eats greens, such as grasses that this helps her in her leg color.

The male has no tail right now, but that's typical. Hopefully, his tail will bloom later on.

I do apologise for incorrectly naming my two "Barred Rocks" and stand corrected
big_smile.png
, you mentioned the "sober fault" with the pullets legs, is this dangerous to her health in any way?, you will please have to forgive my ignorance as I am very new to this, I have only had my chickens for approx 6 months and we love them all dearly, I only wish we had done this a long time ago, Thank you very much for your help
D.gif

I do apologise for incorrectly naming my two "Barred Rocks" and stand corrected
big_smile.png
, you mentioned the "sober fault" with the pullets legs, is this dangerous to her health in any way?, you will please have to forgive my ignorance as I am very new to this, I have only had my chickens for approx 6 months and we love them all dearly, I only wish we had done this a long time ago, Thank you very much for your help
D.gif

Oh gosh no! There's no health issue at all. The breed simply calls for yellow legs, that's all.

Enjoy your new birds and welcome to BYC.

Thank you fred, you had me worried there for a moment, these beautiful girls are very precious to me :)

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! X3 you have one of each, they are pretty birds their feather color stands out so nice against the green grass ... the girls incorrect leg color mostly would just matter if you planned on breeding or showing them.

Back
Top Bottom