Dark Cornish Chickens

Country Guy John

Songster
11 Years
Apr 30, 2008
South Carolina
Hello to all my fellow poultry raisers:

I know that it's late in the season but I would like to know if anyone can tell me where I can purchase some Dark Cornish chickens. Im interested in getting about 25. I live near Charleston, South Carolina and we experience nice temps well into the month of November. I appreciate any information that you can provide. Thanks, John

What are you looking for? Breeder quality,hatchery chicks/ Are you raising them for meat,eggs, cause you like them? Depending on what you are looking for you could get DC from Meyer or Mcmurry,and a few others.i have a couple from Meyers,other than being on the smaller side,I think they are good looking examples of the DC and fairly meaty,I also have DC from your area,SandS poultry. they sell hatching eggs. there birds are huge but they are a long way from SOP,but great for a meat project,this time of year may be hard to find any BQ birds because they aren't laying as well as they do earlier in the season but the hatcheries will have chicks available. the DC are by far my fav birds in the flock just because they look so menacing.

Thank you for your response. Im interested in the birds because they are different from any that I have ever raised and I would like to try them for their meat. Like yourself I view them as menacing and they are stately birds. I have 4 acres of land and I believe that it would be nice to see them foraging on my property.

A big hello to all of us chicken lovers.
I never seem to have enough time to post but when I ran across this thread about the Non
Hatchery Dark Cornish, I had to reply.

One of my best chicken buds has the Dark Cornish ( BullDog ) Line. I have seen them and they
look awsome. Great for meat, and very heavy birds. But just not my type bird. I hatch eggs for
him more than often and could possibly be of some help.

Us ourselves are more into the hard to find and Heritage birds.
Penedesencas, Barred Rocks, Russian Orloffs, and
the new Dan Powell line of Brahamas. Gold Laced, Buff Laced, and Silver Laced.

Lee

Contact Anthony Ashley. He has bantam Dark Cornish but if anyone can tell you where to get some LF in the South it would be him.

American Bantam Assn. Director District 7: NC,SC
Anthony W. Ashley
2021 Hamby Road
Honea Path, SC 29654-9537
864-369-0909 [email protected]

I never seem to have enough time to post but when I ran across this thread about the Non

One of my best chicken buds has the Dark Cornish ( BullDog ) Line. I have seen them and they
look awsome. Great for meat, and very heavy birds. But just not my type bird. I hatch eggs for

Lee

Lee

Lee
Do you still hatch out dark Cornish?

Back
Top Bottom