Dark green runny poop

Big dreams

Songster
10 Years
Mar 5, 2009
Ok, I have had questions about this chicken before but thought maybe I would try again, because she is still with us and just hmmm hanging around. This is a very nice little chicken, she is 10 months old. Most of this time she has had very dark green watery poop, and is very thin although she eats like crazy. She eats pellets, grapes, grass, bugs, bread, well you get the idea, she will eat anything I give her. When I go out she runs to me and not like the others, (I have 30) she spints! She stands at the back door and looks in, she would really love to be a house chicken. She will follow us around and ignor the other chickens completly. She has never laid an egg, she is pale pale pale.... white chicken, very pale comb, and very pale legs. She is weak, and skinny! However still acts the same as she always has, I just would really like to know whats up with this girl, all the others are fat an sassy. Thank you for any help you may give.

So no advice here? Just let her continue to be skin and bones and dirty except right after a bath? I just don't know why she has not died yet, because it seems bad to be that way.
sad.png

No, they kind of ignor her, but she does not stay in the coop with them because I am afraid they might just peck her to death, she has always been weak, use to keep her in a coop with 7 young ones and they all seemed fine but they ran out of room so now she sleeps alone in my garden, (has a hoop house covered with a box full of shavings) unless its very cold then the bathroom is her home. I should most likely cull her but can't bring myself to do it. She is out free ranging with all during the day and seems ok with the others when she is not at the door wanting in.

I would give her a spa retreat!
ya.gif
What gal wouldn't love that! Isolate her for a couple of days and feed her some scrambled eggs and warm mash. I did this for a couple of days with my runt and she not only caught up but passed the others and is giving me an egg a day! Not sure if it was the good food or the TLC but Fancy is a beautiful chicken now... her comb turned a bright red and she is no longer pale and puny!

I read somewhere that grapes and raisins are not good for them. Can't remember where though but you might try cutting those out as treats. Also is there something in the yard that she could be getting into that perhaps the others have not developed a taste for? She sounds sweet. I hope she catches up and gives you years of enjoyment and bunches of eggs!

Laura

I have one rooster, he has never bothered her, I assume because she has never matured? As far as her diet I give her the same as everyone else now, for a long time I fed her crumbles instead of the layer food because she does not lay... I give her extra stuff a lot, like eggs, bread, grapes, tuna (with the salt washed out as much as possible) cooked chicken but all these are occational treats not everyday. Her everyday food is the pellets and she eats, oh I have started giving her oats too, because she seems to like them. They are the ones from the feed store that come in a 50 lb bag. I put vit. in her water fairly often, but to be honest I just kind of treat her the same as everyone else now because nothing ever seemed to be doing any good.

There is a site you can go to ,but I can not remember it .It has the differences in the poop of chickens and can give you an ideal of what is going on . I am soory to hear that your girl is sick . Maybe someone on here knows it .
sad.png

I have been to two different sites on poop but I don't really see anything like hers except chickens who are not eatting and she is always eatting so? She is almost a year old I am just amazed that she is still living. Everything points to something deadly but it should have killed her by now. She does get a spa treatment every once in awhile because she gets poo all over her, nasty, poor baby. I just keep thinking that maybe she will get over what ever it is but not yet. I am sure there is nothing in my garden that could hurt her, weeds and bugs. Sometimes she spends days inside as well and it all pretty much stays the same.

Back
Top Bottom