Dark red comb and cheeks

Well, my girl is in chookie heaven now. I decided to take her to the vet this afternoon, I couldn't entertain the idea of doing the deed myself. Ironically, just before I picked her up to leave her coop, she walked over to the food container and ate!!! Like the broken down car that works when you go to the mechanic.
It turns out she had a broken egg inside her. There was nothing more that I could do. She died with me stroking her, she looked peaceful.
This all sounds a bit pathetic, but I love my animals and mourn each and every one of them when they leave.
I will be starting a new thread soon about having only one girl.
Thank you all for the advice and support.

Well, my girl is in chookie heaven now. I decided to take her to the vet this afternoon, I couldn't entertain the idea of doing the deed myself. Ironically, just before I picked her up to leave her coop, she walked over to the food container and ate!!! Like the broken down car that works when you go to the mechanic.
It turns out she had a broken egg inside her. There was nothing more that I could do. She died with me stroking her, she looked peaceful.
This all sounds a bit pathetic, but I love my animals and mourn each and every one of them when they leave.
I'm so sorry for your loss, losing an animal is so hard. You cared for her well and did what was best for her. 💜

:hugs

Back
Top Bottom