Darn feed store out of GLW..

Morgan7782

Dense Egg Goo
9 Years
Mar 22, 2010
Sacramento CA
I am planning on getting a few SLW and GLW this summer, and I just called the local feed store to ask if they carried them. The feed store said they have 13 GLW but that will be their last batch for the entire YEAR! I won't be ready for the new chicks for about 3-5 weeks give or take a bit so I had hoped they would carry them year round.
sad.png
sad.png
So I will have to change my breed of choice. I can't order from a hatchery, no card or anything and I am worried about the post office not calling me on time to pick them up.

I am dissapointed
sad.png
I had wanted a GLW along with the SLW.
sad.png
sad.png
If anybody in Northern California has GLW chicks for sale let me know! Anywhere from day olds to 9 weeks old. Or any breed suggestions, I am looking for a real nice color or pattern, good layer of brown or tinted eggs, and friendly.

Last edited:
GO BUY them if that's what you really want, they are still pretty manageable in the brooder at that age, and it will motivate you quicker to get your coop ready
big_smile.png
I hate to admit this but I have kept them in the house brooder a lot longer than 3-5 weeks!

LoL I totally would, but I am being given a coop and am going according to when her larger coop is finished and ready. It's about a month or so, and I didn't want to get the babies until I had the coop mostly because my current coop is just big enough for my two girls
smile.png

But I would! Man I am tempted..
hu.gif

Get the GLW. I'm estimating 4 weeks, now.
woot.gif

You will just have to put up with brooder temps in this muggy heat.... like *I* am, with my four chicks in the Bathroom Nursery.

Last edited:
SEEEEEEEE, we all say you will be fine, I even put some in the horse trailer once because the coop still wasn't done!

LOL you guys! haha I shoulda known what you said. I think I do have to order from My Pet Chicken or something, my payday isn't until the 3rd wednesday of this month so I won't be able to get the chick start until after that. I had hoped Bradshaw would carry them until September, but no such luck.

I have a few things I need before I get the newest chickies, so won't be getting them until around June 16th. I have a heat light I used for my 9 week old girls when brooding them, but I need to get a second bulb just in case. Gotta get chick start, the food I have is grower for the 9 week olds.

Has anybody here ordered from My Pet Chicken? I would do an order of 6 (keeping two but getting more in case of death or roo). I live in Sacramento, so it's a main city. Any good/bad experiences with this hatchery?

Okay, fine...... I have not heard any negative about MyPetChicken and the fact that you can order so few sounds perfect for you situation.

Back
Top Bottom