Daughter broke up with boyfriend and I'm the one depressed!

Well after over 5 months my girl texted to see if she could stop by . She was in town visiting her parents for the weekend . My son was not home for the weekend .

Of course I cried when she walked in . I miss her. Her family was family friends before any of us had children . She is so happy . She like me still has questions about the breakup . But I chose not to focus on that. We did talk about good times . We caught each other up on family stuff. I did tell my son that she stop by . I would never go behind his back . I am sad for the loss I have in my heart . I rejoice in the fact that they both seem so HAPPY .

I can imagine, i saw ny daughters ex two minutes outside i almost fainted, what did your son say that she came by? i think that if i knew ny daighters ex was happy would make a difference, doesn't it make it harder seeing her?

so glad to have found this site! I don't feel so alone now. I plan on adding my situation tomorrow. I appreciate all the support i can get!

Hi! Welcome!
263a.png

omg im am so grateful to have found this site. i literally thought i was going crazy. my daughter and her ex have been apart for 5 months and i cant let go. sometimes i feel better than others but then i see him and i go right back to square one. i hope i can let go of this someday soon.... it's worse than any breakup i ever had in my own dating life
1f61e.png

Yup same here! It was awful! Especially the beginning , took me years to stop suffering now i just miss him everyday cry every once in a while I still carry his picture in my wallet , eventually you will have no choice but to accept the reality and try to move on , do you still have contact with him?

Back
Top Bottom