Daughter gets first riding lesson

Cetawin

Rest in Peace 1963-2021
11 Years
Mar 20, 2008
NW Kentucky
tongue.png
Is this not the calmest Stallion you have ever seen? He is a pet and gentleman but also a professional teaser stallion at one of the TB farms here in KY. He is all business at work but at home he is just a big ole love...he hardly felt her kick him to get him moving she just did not get the hang of it right away and he just ignored the little tap he felt. hahahahaha

Aw...he's just bein stubborn...she gave him some good nudges.

...i like the banter between you two though.
tongue.png

LOL he can be stubborn but she was turning her feet and getting him with the side of her foot barely. He had her number and unless you got him with her heel he ignored her. hahahaha But he is a sweetie. I had no problem with him, he figured out real quick that I would not tolerate anything but him doing what I asked and he was trotting along just fine and my daughter yells "MOM dang it how did you get him to do that?" She was cute, she is going to ride against next weekend and I will probably take my friend's mare out for a bit...she has a few more gears than he does
wink.png

She just turned 15. I have been wanting to teach her for years but we were in the military and never took on owning a horse until we were out. I finally got a beautiful Arab (A granddaughter of Bey Shah, daughter of Bey Imprimis, daughter of Ta Zahman's Elite
love.gif
), I acquired her from her breeder/mama a BYCer joletabey and wanted to teach her but she is afraid to try on my girl...she has far more fire than my friend's stallion.
lol.png

Plus my Arab was a futurity champion show horse and was merely green broke so she and I are working on her ground manners, tacking, basic riding...next will come neck reining and more advanced lead changes. She is doing good right now but she pouts. When I ask her to do something she does not want to do...she drops her lower lip and pouts! hahahahaha She is a Diva and believes with all her heart that she should be treated as the Princess she is and not lowered to the ranks of saddle wearer.
gig.gif

This is my girl Joleta Bey ("JoJo" around here and she needed a bath in this pic badly)
smile.png

7630_imag0426.jpg

being the princess....

7630_imag0248.jpg

Her Christmas Card

7630_cache_1293262125870.png

I told Cheyenne she would be sore/stiff this morning and she said "Mom puulleeease I can handle it"...yeah she was walking like an old woman and saying "mom oooooooowwwwww my butt and thighs hurt"
lau.gif

Also, the Stallion, Flake, responds well to a good solid constant pressure.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom