DAY 0, here I go again!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Mom 2em All, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Mom 2em All

Mom 2em All Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
    I have kept my incubator in the garage, and my addicition at bay but my silkie and my turken have decided its time to hatch eggs. I finally gave in, and ordered some eggs. I got them today, and put four under the turken and three under the silkie and six in the incubator.

My turken is nicely tucked in the nest box in the heated coop- the silkie is behind a board against the house, with a wool blanket, I packed hay all around her hiding spot, and gave her a roof...put hay on that too. I give up on her giving up. I pull her out every day for her to eat and drink- but today my other chickens were picking on her and chasing her like she was a new chicken. She ran right back to her 'nest, like always'.

If the girls give up and get off their nest, I will bring the eggs in and put them in the incubator.

I dont know how I will handle baby chicks in the middle of winter- but I will deal with that when the time comes.

2. Mojo Chick'n

Mojo Chick'n Empress of Chickenville

[​IMG] I saw your title and I immediately thought "Day O Daaay O daylight come and me want to go home...."

3. Mom 2em All

Mom 2em All Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
    [​IMG] [​IMG] now I cant even read my own title without seeing the same thing...
    I say Day I say Day i say Dayyyyy OOOOO.....

4. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Happy hatching! [​IMG]

5. EllyMae

EllyMae Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:OMG, me too!! Now that song is stuck in my head...remember when they did that song on "Beetlejuice"?
    Sorry, I got off the topic again....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by