DAY 1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Malibufarmer, Apr 11, 2009.

1. Malibufarmer

Malibufarmer Out Of The Brooder

May 24, 2007
    Hey backyarders just wanted to tell you that i set my incubator with 12 barred rock eggs from my flock. YAAAAAAA!. The bator is 100.6 and i cant wait for 3 weeks t pass. I will update with candling pics in a 1 week.

2. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    Yeah!!! Right ON! Welcome to the club! If you are by the beach, should be better for incubating. Temps more stable, humidity much easier to keep than in the Inland Empire. It's like a desert out here, wait! It IS a desert out here! LOL you will have to keep us updated on their progress. EVERYbody wants to know how everyone else's chicks are doing, always! We are just a lost cause when it comes to hatching and incubating and all that "chicken" stuff.

3. retiredwithchicks

retiredwithchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2009
    Byrdstown, TN
    I put in 22 eggs today also!Most are RIR's with a few mutts. Good luck. This is my first so am nervous.

4. Malibufarmer

Malibufarmer Out Of The Brooder

May 24, 2007
    ya this is my second time my first went horrible after a 100% hatched my cat got into my brooder and killed all 4.

5. nickori

nickori Out Of The Brooder

Nov 13, 2008
    Temple
    Today is my day 1. I have some bantie, a couple Guineas and some RIR's. I am so excited. This is my first. My humidity is a little high (60%), working on fixing that. Temp is at 100.6 and holding. This is exciting

Nicki,

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by