day 10 candling...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by nicoletm24, Aug 18, 2010.

1. nicoletm24

nicoletm24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2010
    Timberlake
    well...28 out of 38 isn't too shabby for day 10......... [​IMG]

what the heck am I gonna do if I have 28 hatch!? HA! I'll be over run with babies! but lovin' it all at the same time [​IMG]

i'm not so stressed out over this hatch! i feel like "i know what i'm doing" hehe [​IMG]
    I check the temp and humidity every morning and evening...so far kept it a steady 99 since day 3, and the humidity between 35-45%.
    and boy are the little guys swimming around in there!!! when me and my fiance were candling, i kept talking like I thought the chicks would be thinking..."momma, put me back, it's cold, and stop turning me around..." LOL... I'm losing my mind! lol [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. ADozenGirlz

ADozenGirlz The Chicken Chick[IMG]emojione/assets/png/00ae.png

Oct 18, 2009
    Connecticut
    Quote:You know the old addage: "don't count your chickens"? I had 10 of 12 developing in my last hatch at day 7. Only 5 actually hatched (and two are roos!).
    Don't stress out about incubating, it's not as precise as we worry about. Think about a mama hen who leaves her nest every day to take care of business, there will be fluctuations in the temperature and humidity and that's ok. Enjoy the process and keep us posted!

3. featherz

featherz Veggie Chick

Mar 22, 2010
    Saratoga County, NY
    I have over 40 that went into lockdown..!!!! I don't expect these all to hatch, but if by some miracle they did I'll be writing that craigslist up really quickly.. [​IMG] I have this many eggs because I only expect to have half hatch, and half of those will be roos leaving me with 10 or so.. but 40? eep!

4. nicoletm24

nicoletm24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2010
    Timberlake
    Quote:I'll be doing the same thing!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by