Day 10 - only see yolk

TheOatsClan

Chirping
Feb 6, 2017
I used my iPhone flashlight to candle 12 eggs on day 7 and again today, day 10. I only see large yolks and air pockets and no blood vessels. We had a mishap early on where the incubator temp reached 125* for several hours. I’m pretty sure we just have half-cooked eggs and I don’t see any reason to keep turning them three times per day if they aren’t going to do anything. None of my eggs look anything like the fertilized eggs I’ve seen in pictures of candled eggs.

Do I crack them open before I throw them away just to make sure? Will that just upset me even more if I do see something developing? Or should I keep turning them for another week? Thanks 😔

I knew as I was posting that I should have posted pictures. I won’t be able to do that until later today/tomorrow (I need two phones with me in order to take the picture!) I will, though!

I knew as I was posting that I should have posted pictures. I won’t be able to do that until later today/tomorrow (I need two phones with me in order to take the picture!) I will, though!
Where did you get the eggs? Sorry they're not developing. The high temp definitely would have cooked them though unfortunately. :hugs

2DF75507-5F26-473A-AA07-A3F104328D16.jpeg 4069E734-07F7-42A0-B2A3-6A657452BF69.jpeg The eggs were given to me by someone who raises chickens. Here are two pictures day 11. 2DF75507-5F26-473A-AA07-A3F104328D16.jpeg

I cracked a few open and the eggs were cooked. Oh well. Now what to do with all this stuff I bought off of Amazon?! Ugh.

Back
Top Bottom