Day #15! WOO-HOO!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by 77horses, Sep 15, 2008.

1. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    It's day 15 for my single chicken egg! [​IMG] It is gonna be a rhode island red/red star mix! And there may be some bantam in there....? But anyways the little chick is "dancing" and having a ball in his egg! When I candle it, I can see him/her wiggling! This is my first time too. And I made the bator myself out of a plastic box, covered with a cardboard box, etc. and it keeps temps. up all the time! Works very well.
    The chick is growing every day now! The shadow that used to be small with a little black eye is now covering most of the egg inside and the air bubble is HUGE![​IMG] about the size of a quarter or larger? About 6-9 days left! WOW! seems like yesterday I put the egg in the bator to test it! [​IMG]
    Wish me and the chick luck! Can't wait to see how it turns out! I will try to get some pics on here, but i doubt it. [​IMG] I just can't get it right! [​IMG]

I will keep you posted about the chicks development and I will be sure to post about the hatching on around September 21-26 around there. Check the forums if you like to find my post around that day! [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 15, 2008
  2. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    Lots of luck! I am on day #2 for my quail. I just put them in yesterday

3. twigg

twigg Cooped up

Mar 2, 2008
    Tulsa
    Good luck with it.

May I ask what humidity level you have .... I don't know what you mean by "Huge" air space , but it should be "moderate", at 14 days.

4. 77horses

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    Quote:well, it isn't "HUGE" I do that a lot. it is about the size of a quarter exactly. [​IMG]
    Sadly, I never could get my mom to get me a humidity gauge. [​IMG] so i have been testing and turns out that when i add enough water the humidity goes up (there is "dew" on the sides) I worry it is too high but the egg seems to be growing fine.

5. 77horses

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    i looked at that link and the image of the air bubble size at day 14 seems like the same size as my egg's air sack. It is also crooked to the side slightly like that pic too. [​IMG]

6. twigg

twigg Cooped up

Mar 2, 2008
    Tulsa
    Quote:Cool [​IMG]

Well good for you ..... keep going!

7. 77horses

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    I'm surprised the chick made it this far! :eek: This is my first time, and it is a homemade, cheap bator that I made. And plus I don't have any humidity gauges in there. luckily i have a temp. thing! [​IMG]
    thanks for wishing me luck!

8. twigg

twigg Cooped up

Mar 2, 2008
    Tulsa
    Quote:Ya know, 77horses, whatever the outcome, I would want your enthusiam to be encouraged.

Let me know if you can't get a humidity meter, and I will send you one for Christmas.

Steve

9. thepetpaw

thepetpaw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2008
    Tennessee
    I am on day 15 as welll!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by