Day 16 hatch

Athiena14

Crowing
5 Years
Feb 23, 2018
St. Robert MO
Yesterday morning I had stopped the egg turner and upped the humidity. Today after work, came in to new peeping coming from the hatch room. 2 had recently hatched out. Day 16 a little early? I did realize I left my incubator at 100° during the entire incubation. Could this have caused the early arrivers? They look health and will post pics once dried and fluffed

100 is usually where I try to keep my incubators at for all hatched.

Since they were 2 days early incubator could have been a degree or 2 hot. Or if both hatched next to each other maybe a hot spot.

But since all was good with them congrats on your new babies

100 is usually where I try to keep my incubators at for all hatched.

Since they were 2 days early incubator could have been a degree or 2 hot. Or if both hatched next to each other maybe a hot spot.

But since all was good with them congrats on your new babies

Thanks. It is now up to 4 hatched and a few more pipped. My first hatch no one pipped until day 17. Same incubator. But warmer room. I have the heat lamp in there for the broader box which contains turkeys

good luck on your new venture! all seems fine to me but any questions i have raised 4 batches of quail so i know all about them by now !

First one fluffed out. Possible tuxedo?

Attachments

• 0308182051.jpg
    0308182051.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 8
4 more hatched early this morning and one more halfway through the struggle. Definitely got some colors I hadn't had before

Back
Top Bottom