Day 16 Of Incubation Time Goes By To Slow

countrygirl911

Songster
9 Years
Jun 17, 2010
Mississippi
hi everyone many on here knows that i have 23 eggs left in the incubator out of 24. i am on day 16 and it seems like it is taking and internity for them to hatch lol day 21 can not get here fast enough. My main concern since this is my first time incubation is that i set all the eggs at the same time and day but they all look to be at different points of development they are all moving around in their shell and i move them around in the incubator so that they are not sitting in one spot the whole time due to the fact i know some spots are hotter than others what can be causing this to happen does them mean that when they start to hatch it can take several days for them to hatch it is kind of weird that they all were set at the same time but all look to be developing at different rates

I know, the days 17-20 always go the slowest for me too....
Good luck with your hatch!
pop.gif

I'm going insane too (and I'm on day 14)
barnie.gif

When it comes to different points of development, I also tried mooving eggs around in the incubator so they weren't in the same area all the time but I don't think it's helped. Maybe it's a genetic thing, I don't know
idunno.gif

if there is differnt stages in the incubator that means your incubator has different temps. For a example the left corner is running higher then the right causing the left to develop faster. I dont know depending of the bator size, and what brand and if is still air or has a fan, guessing you have still
hmm.png

Ill also tell you what everyone told me, Dont candle too much.

good luck, Happy hatching.
'
Elizabeth~

barnie.gif
Im in the same boat! Im on day 15, though, because I counted the days wrong, instead of looking at the calendar and lockdown is tues instead of mon...
th.gif
Im sure your eggs will be fine, I think sometimes they may be in different positions? Dk, but good luck to you!

I'm with all of you! This is day 15 for me and my first time hatching. I only have 4 eggs but I'm hoping for the best. Yes, my incubator is warmer on one side than the other. I left the eggs where they are in the turner despite the fact that some are further ahead than the others. I think though that they are now pretty close together as they fill about the same space in the egg. Cant wait for lockdown on tuesday!!!!

thanks guys i really appreciate it. i have eggs from different breeds of hens but i only have one roo which is a RIR so most i would say mutts
I have eggs from my BR, RIR, EE, BSL, RSL, Arthlorps, Leghorns. silver spangled hamburgs

Back
Top Bottom