Day 17 hatching quail

Papagamgam23

Hatching
Apr 18, 2023
This is my first time incubating and hatching quail. So far on day 16 I had 6 out of 21 babies hatch and atart running around the incubator. Today is day 17 and the remaining 15 eggs have not popped yet and I can’t tell if there is movement because the little ones who are out are running around knocking into them like it’s a game of ADHD bumper cars in there. Should I be worried about the remaining 15 unhitched eggs and with tomorrow being day 18 and 48hrs after the 6 have been out on a rampage I don’t want to open the incubator prematurely and cause any shrink wrapping of the last 15 if they are just taking their time in there. Help I’m being a crazy worried Quail mommy!!

This is my first time incubating and hatching quail. So far on day 16 I had 6 out of 21 babies hatch and atart running around the incubator. Today is day 17 and the remaining 15 eggs have not popped yet and I can’t tell if there is movement because the little ones who are out are running around knocking into them like it’s a game of ADHD bumper cars in there. Should I be worried about the remaining 15 unhitched eggs and with tomorrow being day 18 and 48hrs after the 6 have been out on a rampage I don’t want to open the incubator prematurely and cause any shrink wrapping of the last 15 if they are just taking their time in there. Help I’m being a crazy worried Quail mommy!!
Oh and I forgot can I move the chicks to the incubator and one has its shell still stuck to its butt feathers and is dragging it along crashing into everything like demolition derby in there… think it might be a vein that’s dried… omg this is exciting and stressful. LOL

i find that the first day is usually quite slow, only a few chicks hatch, then they start exploding out LOL. so i wouldnt worry about that. as for the fears about shrink wrapping the eggs, as long as it isnt extremely cold in the room that the incubator is in i've had no issues with opening it to take the chicks out, just be quick

i find that the first day is usually quite slow, only a few chicks hatch, then they start exploding out LOL. so i wouldnt worry about that. as for the fears about shrink wrapping the eggs, as long as it isnt extremely cold in the room that the incubator is in i've had no issues with opening it to take the chicks out, just be quick
Thank you! It’s been 48hrs since the first one hatched and I am just freaking out. Don’t see any pips from the remaining 15 so I might have 6 babies and think they need the upgrade. So gonna move them as fast as possible and let the eggs hopefully finish up and hatch. If I’m lucky…

Back
Top Bottom