Day 17 lockdown early??

Aug 7, 2020
Hello all, I put my incubator in lockdown slightly early.... the eggs are wobbling around. Are they trying to get into position to hatch but not pipping yet or ready to go?? I don't hear any peeps yet, just the wobbling. We're all set up early with the brooder just in case, but we're first time incubators. The 6 1/2 week olds were a surprise batch. We had hens go broody before without hatching. This time with our 1 year old hens we came out and chicks were peeped and saying hello.

We're excited and worried... should we be worried about early hatching?? Incubator has been consistent at 99.5 and 50% humidity, humidity currently reading 58%. I don't want to drown or shrink wrap the chicks.

Shrink wrapping generally isn’t a concern until the chick externally pips, so I wouldn’t worry about that.

You might be getting some trying to do an internal pip. Did you candle before lockdown?

Shrink wrapping generally isn’t a concern until the chick externally pips, so I wouldn’t worry about that.

You might be getting some trying to do an internal pip. Did you candle before lockdown?
Yes. They're all wiggling still but no pips. I check several times daily since I can see inside the incubator from all sides without breaking lockdown. They're now on day 19. I'm worried, but not worried and wondering if I should be.

Back
Top Bottom